Model Cars Magazine Forum

$700 For Model Rims...

You know, I really resent these comments that were made. I was the winning bidder on this. I have been dying for a set of blingalicious 30 inch spinners... I thought I was getting a great deal on these rims.

Thanks for shattering my dreams

Bahahahahahahahha

No way would you ever see me send more than 30-50 bucks on a set of rims...

Edited by DragLoKustomz619

Guys, the seller is faultless and has a dilemma on his hands. Two newbies bid them up, no doubt thinking they were getting a real deal on a set of 1:1 new wheels and tires. Complete numpties since there is no mention of bolt pattern or application at all. This constantly happens to the guys who list resin hoods and decal sets. The seller's big issue is that eBay has already hit his account for the commission, which he will have to appeal to reverse, and the numpty will no doubt leave him negative feedback. Oh, the reasons why I don't sell on eBay anymore!

Back when I was a seller I did manage to keep my feedback perfect, although I had a few close calls with idiots. I was selling car brochures and after I shipped one I noticed the buyer had left a lot of negative feedback for other sellers. Then I read his comments... he was rating the brochures he bought! If he didn't like the brochure, he'd leave a negative! Nothing to do with the seller at all. So I crossed my fingers and waited. Yea, he liked the brochure I sent him!

It could very well be some deadbeat bidders who bidded an insane amount and not intended to pay anyway. We saw quite a lot of that back when my friends were selling sports cards on eBay.

Bids are not rigged that way. No one would rig it by $660, or 26 times over the leading bid.

Edited by fumi

Guys, the seller is faultless and has a dilemma on his hands. Two newbies bid them up, no doubt thinking they were getting a real deal on a set of 1:1 new wheels and tires. Complete numpties since there is no mention of bolt pattern or application at all. This constantly happens to the guys who list resin hoods and decal sets. The seller's big issue is that eBay has already hit his account for the commission, which he will have to appeal to reverse, and the numpty will no doubt leave him negative feedback. Oh, the reasons why I don't sell on eBay anymore!

Back when I was a seller I did manage to keep my feedback perfect, although I had a few close calls with idiots. I was selling car brochures and after I shipped one I noticed the buyer had left a lot of negative feedback for other sellers. Then I read his comments... he was rating the brochures he bought! If he didn't like the brochure, he'd leave a negative! Nothing to do with the seller at all. So I crossed my fingers and waited. Yea, he liked the brochure I sent him!

This almost makes one think that not only should a buyer check out a sellers feedback, but as a seller you may want to sneak a peek at a potential buyer!

This almost makes one think that not only should a buyer check out a sellers feedback, but as a seller you may want to sneak a peek at a potential buyer!

Except that, as a buyer you can receive only positive feedback or no feedback. Sellers are no longer able to leave negative feedback on buyers. In this particular case I don't think it would matter; one bidder has a 4 and the other a 0.

Except that, as a buyer you can receive only positive feedback or no feedback. Sellers are no longer able to leave negative feedback on buyers. In this particular case I don't think it would matter; one bidder has a 4 and the other a 0.

A buyer can't get negative feedback but you can see what feedback they have left. And that there is enough in telling how good a customer they will be.

Back when I was selling, there weren't a lot of problems with collectibles. I found 99% of modelers to be honest, and I never ever had a problem with stamp or post card collectors. I didn't know what the problem was at all until my brother in law, who was in the computer business, gave me a big box of misc computer items, all new in box, to sell on eBay. Man, dealing with the retail general public was a genuine pain in the tail. They had never been sellers (which many collectors were both buyers and sellers) so they saw no differentiation between dealing with a big fulfillment house vs a small eBay seller. I had items sold overnight where I had already received heated emails by the time I woke up. I had one guy leave me feedback "slow to ship" on something that went out next day. Then I checked out his dealings and realized he was buying from big computer mail order houses that shipped 24/7 almost hourly. And he didn't get the difference.

I had people who received their $10 lap top battery and said they wanted to return it because they found one elsewhere for a dollar less. And they expected me to pay postage both ways so they could save that dollar. Or they wanted to return things, no reason stated, like I was Walmart.

There is no way I'd sell consumer goods to the general public on eBay or otherwise.

Edited by Tom Geiger

My bet is that some idiot thought they were real wheels. If I were the seller I'd have reached out to the buyer right away and told them to re-read the auction, and that they were model wheels.

I doubt it was rigged. He has to pay ebay commission on that sale. Someone thought they were real.

Nobody can be that dumb to believe these are real,....unless that is one huge box in the background. But then again, there's those who believe wrestling is real, and those who put their trust in our government. So anything is possible.