Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 Charger Finished

Fisher61

Just finished my Charger tonight. Added vanity plates with my wifes name since she picked the color and to honor her for our 25th anniversary. Added valve stems for the wheels, painted the trim rings Testors chrome to look more like stainless, added interior door locks. Moved the rearend 1/16th of an inch forward on the leaf springs to better center the rear wheels in the openings.

HPIM2671.jpg

HPIM2658.jpg

HPIM2631.jpg

HPIM2622.jpg

HPIM2617.jpg

HPIM2611.jpg

Thanks for looking.

That's gorgeous! Z vfriend in high school got a new '68 for graduation, turquoise/black, and yourslooks better thanhis did when it was new! The plates are a good idea, may keep wife from throwing it at you later. GOOD MOVE!!!

"Plumber", I've been watching your progress on this build. As with all of your factory stock builds, your research and attention to the many proper details is second to none! Outstanding, and "Bravo"! How about posting some engine compartment photos as well? Thank you for sharing. Hopefully, we can stay in touch on this forum, LOL! Fury3

"Plumber", I've been watching your progress on this build. As with all of your factory stock builds, your research and attention to the many proper details is second to none! Outstanding, and "Bravo"! How about posting some engine compartment photos as well? Thank you for sharing. Hopefully, we can stay in touch on this forum, LOL! Fury3

Fury, great to hear from you again on "the other side",LOL ! Here's the engine compartment pics you wanted to see:

HPIM2694.jpg

HPIM2686.jpg

Thanks guys for the kind words!

"Plumber", thanks for posting the additional photos. The engine compartment looks flawless as well. FYI...In 1968, Chrysler had an interior color it used on interior components called "Bahama Blue". Hmmm? Yes, members here seem to conduct themselves in a more respectable manner...a welcome and refreshing change! What are you going to do for an encore? LOL! ;) Fury3

"Plumber", thanks for posting the additional photos. The engine compartment looks flawless as well. FYI...In 1968, Chrysler had an interior color it used on interior components called "Bahama Blue". Hmmm? Yes, members here seem to conduct themselves in a more respectable manner...a welcome and refreshing change! What are you going to do for an encore? LOL! ;) Fury3

An encore? I'll have to wait for the next spark to hit me. I go through this after every build! It could be just about anything, I'll post it "on the bench" when I do figure it out!

And yes, I think the members here have all been great !

That is a very neat build. What tires did you use, are those the old hollow AMT Polyglas GT's or some other tire with Shabo lettering?

I stalled on this build for about a week when it came to the tires. I wanted the white letters, the AMT polyglas tires were to big for the kit rims, tires from the AMT Duster kit to small, so I ended up using the kit tires with decals from the Revell '67 GTX kit. Worked out pretty nice!