Model Cars Magazine Forum

1963 Dodge Polara.

Hello...again :P

Anyone want to recomend a 63 Polara kit? Post or no post does not matter as long as it is a 2 door.

I really enjoy these max wedge cars,is it called Pro-stock? But i would want to try build a more street

friendly version,no excact replicas. Also,good tip on what donor is good for suspension/tub etc if not

included in any resin kits. I`m quite new to resin stuff so i thought it would be okay to ask on here.

Tommy.

post-11584-0-37059600-1374763889_thumb.j

Edited by om617

3 sources I know of ( all resin)

Modelhaus. MCW and Jimmy Flintstone has one now I believe.

I have not had any of them in my hand so I can't speak for quality of one over the other

I have 2 originals( not for sale btw ) The 1st one I've had for years. 2nd one I just got a few months back on ebay.

If your patient you can get Builtups ,, they pop up on ebay a semi regular basis .

Are the builtups Jo-han kits? I see some original kits on ebay now and then (not the Polara) and they usually have some steep

pricetag. Even so they seem to be sold,and i hope manufactors see this,because there obviously is a market for vintage US (plastic) iron.

If Modelhaus is out of reach, MCW is the next BEST casting! The price is REALISTIC and the quality is JUST as good as Modelhaus. Don't go with R&R or Flintstone unless your GOOD/EXPIERIENCED at working with resin. NOT that they AREN'T good, but for the money, MCW's casting are VERY nice and resonably priced! I have quite a few MCW castings, all VERY nicely done.

Yes, Johan is the one who made the 1963 Dodge back then

How much an original sells for depends on who is looking at that particular time. They seem to sell pretty regularly in the $75 to $100(or more) range for a decent builder/builtup

The one I bought a few months back was under $65 I think . The 1st one I have I paid $35 for, ( but thats been a while )

You just have to be patient deals do happen.

The one and only piece I have from MCW is a resin 1965 Plymouth AFX car. But it is better than the R+R 1965 AFX Dodge I have

Neither of then even come close to the quality of my 1965 Plymouth AFX from Speed City Resin

Edited by gtx6970

The only downsides to the MCW resin kits I've found is they don't have chrome plated parts like the Modelhaus does and they sometimes arrive a bit warped. But they are quite decent for a low price.

Edited by Rob Hall