Model Cars Magazine Forum

Yet another Chi-Town Hustler

Hi everyone.After a 6 yr haitus from modeling and being a drag racing fan I thought my first drag model should be the excellent Chi-Town Hustler kit from Revell.It is a pretty simple build to get my sea legs under me again,box stock except for plug wires,chute release cables and chute anchor lines.As for paint I went for the red of the origional CTH from reference pics I have seen instead of the candy apple red of the re-creation.Its not show quality but I have built worse :D .

026_zpsb48e0881.jpg

029_zps2e14ab4f.jpg

023_zps71be4be4.jpg

034_zps5ae60f58.jpg

Steve

WOW! Very nice build. Look forward to seeing a few more of your future builds. Can you tell me how you did those parachute lines. In particular the coverings. Thanks.

Jim

They were pretty easy to do,I took some craft string I found at Wally World and wrapped it with electrical tape and painted it silver.After I took the pics I did a set wrapped with Tamiya masking tape instead of electrical tape and I think they looked even better.