Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pics- I finally got the '64 GTO interior finished

Geno

Now on to the engine compartment, lol. Let me know what you think or what I could have done better or differently, that way I can use the info for my next project. I'm trying to improve with each build. I used the PE set from Model Car Garage for the dash & door emblems, I did get the keys in the ignition, whew, what a pain that was. I used a couple of the locks from that set for the ignition and glove box door. I also used the steering wheel, pedals, shifter, seat belts and window cranks from the donated diecast. I really liked the T handle Hurst shifter better than the ball. Flocked the floorboard, BMF'd the trim and made my own white gauge faces. I'll also use the visors from the diecast as well. So I guess you could consider this a hybrid model. Thanks for checking it out. All comments are welcome. Anything to help out is greatly appreciated.[ :D]
Picture1329.jpg
Picture1330.jpg
Edited by Geno

Very sharp work Gene.

One criticism I hope helps; I would have shortened the steering column a tad and tilted it a bit so the wheel is not touching the seat. I know the 1:1 has a long naked column but in scale you want to fool the eye a bit so it looks 'right'. Driver legs supposed to fit... :o

Hope that helps for your next build. ;)

Very sharp work Gene.

One criticism I hope helps; I would have shortened the steering column a tad and tilted it a bit so the wheel is not touching the seat. I know the 1:1 has a long naked column but in scale you want to fool the eye a bit so it looks 'right'. Driver legs supposed to fit... :o

Hope that helps for your next build. ;)

Thanks Cato, I know it 's tough to see from the angle of the pic, the bottom of the steering wheel is about 3/8" above the seat cushion. :)

Lookin' great, Geno! I can't wait to see the finished build. BTW, I found part of the '64 GTO instruction sheet above my passenger side visor. Yuou must have left it there when we made the hobby shop run for paint! :D