Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

i was just thinking how funny it would be

if real cars were worked on the same way models are. maybe you can ad to this list

Q-HEY THE MOTOR WONT GO IN.

A- JUST CUT OUT THE FENDER WELLS.

Q-THIS SEAT IS TO WIDE.

A-JUST CUT THE ENDS OFF.

Q-THIS WINDSHIELD WONT GO IN STRAIGHT.

JUST TRIM IT UNTILL IT DOES.

I KNOW YOU GUYS CAN AD A LOT MORE TO THIS.LOL :D

Haha that is a good one Billy, I completely get what you are saying Manny ,but in reality that is exactly how "we" modify real car's. Might be slightly more complicated and might involve a welder instead of Tenax ,but cut, weld, fill, sand, prime ect. just like 1:25 scale. How about this one, what should I do about that huge glue mark on the passenger side door?.......Just display it on the driver's side and no one will know. lol

"Hey... where's the alternator bracket?"

"Don't need one. This is one of those 'magic floating alternators' that keeps the belt under tension by magic. This car also has the 'magic invisible lower radiator hose' and the 'magic remote-control battery'... no cables needed!"

Battery cables, Harry?

As a kid, I don't think I ever put a battery in a model. I don't think I even knew what it was. ;-)

Then I made my first attempt to build JoHan's Chrysler Turbine Car kit. It had two (2) batteries, or goodness sake, and they we're supposed to be mounted in the trunk. Way too confusing....left them out, too....

"Don't need one. This is one of those 'magic floating alternators' that keeps the belt under tension by magic. This car also has the 'magic invisible lower radiator hose' and the 'magic remote-control battery'... no cables needed!"

My Geo Tracker had one of those. When I had the exhaust system done, the guy must've unbolted the a/c compressor to get at it and never bolted it back. Soon after my belt started to squeal and when I looked I saw the entire thing was held in place by the weight of that compressor just hanging on the pulley!

Edited by Tom Geiger

Don't forget the invisible throttle linkage, and wireless ignition. :lol:

Q: I wanna lower the car but the work involved in cutting up the suspension is way too much for an area of the car that'll rarely, if ever, get seen, what should I do?
A: Easy, just 'hog' out the axle boss and glue the wheels on off-center, who's gonna know?!

Hey, on some of those fancy "Pocher" 1/8 scale kits, there's an ignition key! And when you insert it and turn the key, the lights work!

Real leather on the sets, too.

Just how far do you want to go in detailing a model????.

And don't forget the oil filter and dipstick!

• 4 weeks later...