Model Cars Magazine Forum

Begininer Chevy's, a Caddilac & a Pontiac

keeze10

Lookin' good Dylan ! You've got a great collection started , I like the red Nova .

When taking pictures try a lighter background instead of black . . . nothing fancy , just a white sheet or a towel . It will help show off your models better .

Lookin' good Dylan ! You've got a great collection started , I like the red Nova .

When taking pictures try a lighter background instead of black . . . nothing fancy , just a white sheet or a towel . It will help show off your models better .

alright I will do that next time thanks for lookin :) , I wanna also get some outside shots!

Dylan, it looks like your off to a great start, and like Levi said the more you build the better you will get and you will learn from your mistakes and we all make them, so just keep building you are at the right place if you want to learn from some of the best, there is a ton of info on this forum, and plenty of folks on here who will guide you along the way, all you have to do is ask, so tear open another box and get to building!! :D

Dylan, it looks like your off to a great start, and like Levi said the more you build the better you will get and you will learn from your mistakes and we all make them, so just keep building you are at the right place if you want to learn from some of the best, there is a ton of info on this forum, and plenty of folks on here who will guide you along the way, all you have to do is ask, so tear open another box and get to building!! :D

i put an order in @ the beginning of last week, should have a new 1 sometime next week :D

Your builds look darn good. Generally they're quite clean and that's the most important thing to consider right out of the gate. You've shown restraint by not building beyond your skills and the techniques you've applied you've done very well. Spray painting is nice and even. Next time you can explore using Bare Metal Foil and maybe polishing your finish. But only if that's what you want to do to keep it fun and interesting. Nice work.

Your builds look darn good. Generally they're quite clean and that's the most important thing to consider right out of the gate. You've shown restraint by not building beyond your skills and the techniques you've applied you've done very well. Spray painting is nice and even. Next time you can explore using Bare Metal Foil and maybe polishing your finish. But only if that's what you want to do to keep it fun and interesting. Nice work.

i've seen people talking about bare metal foil, whats that used for, your window trim? thanks for your feedback

Bare Metal Foil is used to replicate chrome (or stainless steel) trim. Window surrounds, chrome side trim, emblems, etc. Like the side spear on this model that runs from the radiator shell to the rear fender. It was molded as part of the body. I used Bare Metal Foil on it.

mercedes5.jpg

Same thing here... the "chrome" side trim was molded onto the body parts. I foiled it to look like "chrome" trim. Also the rub strips on the running boards:

alfaprogress43.jpg

Same on this Ford. All the side trim, the strip across the trunk, even the fender skirts and lower fender trim... all foiled.

skyliner2.jpg

Bare Metal Foil is used to replicate chrome (or stainless steel) trim. Window surrounds, chrome side trim, emblems, etc. Like the side spear on this model that runs from the radiator shell to the rear fender. It was molded as part of the body. I used Bare Metal Foil on it.

mercedes5.jpg

Same thing here... the "chrome" side trim was molded onto the body parts. I foiled it to look like "chrome" trim. Also the rub strips on the running boards:

alfaprogress43.jpg

Same on this Ford. All the side trim, the strip across the trunk, even the fender skirts and lower fender trim... all foiled.

skyliner2.jpg

thank you for that!