Model Cars Magazine Forum

'84 "Rattylac" Coupe DeVille

Chuck Most

Very cool! One word of note however, your Caddy is a 1990-92, the last three years the full size was available. They went to the composite headlights for the '90 model year and changed the landau top and the bodyside cladding.

Yes, the front end and side cladding are '90=92, but the last year for the two door version was '84. Revell based this on a 1:1 lowrider that had the later style nose and rocker trim added to it.

Thanks guys! I'm actually sort of happy with how this one came out- even though it was a relatively quick build of a goofball idea. :rolleyes:

Yes, the front end and side cladding are '90=92, but the last year for the two door version was '84. Revell based this on a 1:1 lowrider that had the later style nose and rocker trim added to it.

Thanks guys! I'm actually sort of happy with how this one came out- even though it was a relatively quick build of a goofball idea. :rolleyes:

You're right. I hadn't realized that until you pointed it out. Come to think of it, I remember all of the full size Broughams 90-92 being 4 door sedans. Searching the internet though it seems like updating the earlier coupes was quite the popular thing to do at the time.