Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMC Rambler dirt tracker saturday night special

spotarama

DSCF0065_zpsc0c7d15c.jpg

got this one as a glue bomb swap meet special, it's a johan kit. it was missing an A pillar and its wheels. it had a complete motor with beautifully formed headers. i replaced the A pillar with a length of 'angle iron' welded in place, upgraded a parts box roll cage, replaced the runk and hood panels with alloy sheet roughly bent to shape, they attach to the body over very short lengths of dressmakers pin through holes in the panels. the sills were also done the same way and then bent and twisted with my special bending and twisting pliers courtesy of the dentists surgery i was given (seriously, a whole surgery up to and including the chair)

the motor came with the dual carb set-up so i drilled and meshed two holes in the hood for them to breathe through

the trunk contains the fuel cell, battery and engine fire extinguisher with a smaller personal extinguisher beside the race seat inside the cabin

theres a minimal amount of wiring but not plug wires (i'm working my way up to them...any day now)

DSCF0063_zps82c5f4f8.jpg

DSCF0061_zpsbf7047cd.jpg

DSCF0060_zps915dd5b9.jpg

DSCF0063_zps82c5f4f8.jpg

DSCF0066_zps523b4d60.jpg

Edited by spotarama