Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Chevy Nomad - - WIP

Ramfins59

OK everyone. Thanks again to member Jeffs396 for the replacement chassis parts and wheels that he gave to me at the Castle Shannon Show on Sunday. The new axles have been painted, the suspension parts reassembled on the chassis, and the new wheels have been assembled and mounted to the axles. The gold foil that I previously added has been covered with chrome foil, and the interior headliner has been painted and detailed.

I mocked the body up on the "new" chassis and here's how she looks... Let's hear what the Peanut Gallery thinks of it.

56NOMADWITHNEWWHEELS1024x763_zpscc0c0c23

It does take on a whole new look with the new wheels. I wasn't really trying to make a "Replica" of the car that Gas Monkey Garage did for Dale Jr., but it's kind of turning out looking like one.

Next is installing the glass and then final assembly time. I should hopefully have this puppy done by this weekend or sooner.

Thanks for following along on this saga.

Thank you all very much. Now I really can't wait to get this thing finished. While I was rummaging through a box I found a small bag of Diorama stuff and one of the things in there was a picture of a flattened out case of Mountain Dew. I just might fold that up and glue it together for use with this car.... since I don't have a cooler to paint and put in the back.

case of Mountain Dew. I just might fold that up and glue it together for use with this car.... since I don't have a cooler to paint and put in the back.

Rich- Do you have a Johan '59 Rambler wagon kit? If so, there's a cooler in it along with the luggage! A thought on the case of Mt Dew... I've learned to make diorama boxes solid, like glue the photo around a build up of Evergreen sheet or basswood. Otherwise it will sag and miss shape over time.

Car looks good!