Model Cars Magazine Forum

Back at it again.

spkgibson

Well my friends, I am finally getting back into the hobby , I had to quit for awhile to take care of my mother after a stroke , She passed away on the 25th of July this year, And coping with the loss has been a slow and painful process, But she is in a better place now , I do miss her alot, And always will, Now I can move forward in life with my wonderful wife Kelly. And build my models and play my guitars again, I had zero time before.

Sorry for your loss Steve, but as you said, she is in a better place now. And you can be proud that you stood by her and devoted yourself to her care. You should have no regrets.

Sadly, I have a lot of experience in this area. I lost both my parents to long term illness. My father in law, the nicest man I ever knew, died last fall after 10 years of suffering. My mother in law is in the final stages of Alzheimer's. I know what it's like to see elders, people we love, suffer in pain and pray that they will pass to end that agony. People who haven't experienced this are lucky indeed.

So get your life back on track, have some enjoyment and move forward. You will always miss your mother, and hopefully you can focus on the happy times you had together. I have found that an hour a day at the work bench does wonders for the mind. Try it!