Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Taisan Starcard Porsche 911GT2

brandolsx

Hello Everyone. This is my first post and my first model ever. So I am a newbie and still learning. Overall I think this turned out good for a first timer. I have learned quite a bit along the way and my next one should go better! Enjoy:

IMG_3798_zps3665c00d.jpg

IMG_3809_zpsef7eecea.jpg

IMG_3810_zps3a660592.jpg

IMG_3811_zps90ff6c07.jpg

IMG_3813_zps036afa5f.jpg

IMG_3824_zps0eeddeb7.jpg

IMG_3826_zps6df6fbe3.jpg

IMG_3845_zps9444e6fd.jpg

First Coat of Paint. I went with a Black Metallic instead of the standard black specified.

IMG_3847_zpse0743f4a.jpg

Mock Up:

IMG_3855_zpsa390fe7c.jpg

Edited by brandolsx

First model? ...I'm VERY impressed ... that's impressive detail and body painting!

Thanks a lot! I guess I've put together those pre-painted snap-tite "models" before, but I don't really don't consider that. Never painted any before thats for sure. Let me tell you that all those decals are hard to deal with!

Edited by brandolsx

Thanks guys appreciate all the support! I have started the Tamiya LeMans 24hrs 1996 Porsche 911 GT1 race car. I am going to spend more time on this one. I think I was anxious to get my first one out the door, I didn't spend as much time and patience as I would have liked. Keep your eyes peeled for another thread on that one.

Brandon and I are good friends. He had mentioned building a model car to me one night. The next day we talked about it more. I sent him some pics of my inventory from years ago when I built cars. I still have tons in the boxes to be built. Long story short within a week he had this Porsche built with another on the way and I'm simultaneously building two cars as well at the moment. We got nuts pretty quick.

• 2 months later...