Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kustom Karz, build off,

Gothic Kustomz

Hey Ken the pic didn't show yesterday. Looking good so far. I notice the rear quarter above the wheel opening has a bit of a hip to it where-as the Ferrari quarter is more flat.

Yeah Kerry you are right. I have been grappling with that one all weekend on how to fix it without weakening the body in the rear quarters. :(

Will probably end up fixing it with filler in the end.

Where I am at today...........

P1020236_zps9cda631e.jpg

Edited by Kennyboy

I'm hoping to get some pics up this weekend. Been making some progress with it on break at work. I'm working on the rear brake vents in the rear quarters right now. Nothing much to see so it won't matter much on update pics. Just working on tedious fit and trim issues..... Have the new chassis mocked up a little too.

OK,finally got a starting point. This is an Aoshima Nissan Cedric/Gloria 330. This is a curbside kit with a basic chassis,I may end up swapping to a different chassis so it can be more detailed(?). Pretty nice kit other than that...

...now,here's where I throw you off a little,some mis-wired part of my brain has always thought these would lend themselves well to being built as a '60s style custom. Mild top chop,maybe a slight section,shaved moldings and emblems,tuck-n-roll interior,new trim,reworked front and rear grills/bumpers/lights,topped off with a satin/suede paint job and some whitewalls. I'm not sure yet if it will be "period correct" or more of a modern/retro look. Anyway,here's what I'm starting with-let the fun begin!