Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kustom Karz, build off,

Gothic Kustomz

Yes folks, the hospital has set me free, ummmm sorta, but I'm home now, well since last night, so I wont go into all the blood and gore, but suffice to say, it was touch and go for a min, I don't remember much after unlocking my front door, about 3 weeks ago, and don't remember BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH the first week and a half, but the last week sure has been a looooooooooong one, doing a lil time on the bench right now, will post some pic's latter today.

Nice to see this wasn't flopping in the wind, when I came back, saw some really nice updates, yer all doing a great job, it's good to see some out of the box thinking, keep at it, wanna see more, and if there is anyone out there that would like to jump in, let me kno, I will add ya to the list, Jan 1st will be the end date for joining, unless ya guys have a better idea? remember yur all part of this, well the ones that have joined, all ideas, and input's, are important.

Well build on my Lil crazyz........

Hey Michael, glad to hear everything is alright after your hospital visit. I've been wanting to join/start a community page like this for a while. I'm getting back to the Merc so maybe this will help me finish it sometime this decade. I've read the rules and regulations and if it's alright with you and everyone else Id like to jump in on this party. The Merc is already started but I build slower then a snail. If I can't use the Merc I have a van in the box I could try and get done. Just let me know

Hey Michael, glad to hear everything is alright after your hospital visit. I've been wanting to join/start a community page like this for a while. I'm getting back to the Merc so maybe this will help me finish it sometime this decade. I've read the rules and regulations and if it's alright with you and everyone else Id like to jump in on this party. The Merc is already started but I build slower then a snail. If I can't use the Merc I have a van in the box I could try and get done. Just let me know

Jason the Merc is fine, thanx for jumping up to the plate, it's really all about the fun of the whole thing, but I get yer name on da list, thanx man, now get to building, LMBO..... Oh don't forget to post, too.

Well I finally got around to finishing a little body work on the Henry J (nothing really picture worthy though) and I dexided it needed different headlights since the Mercedes ones just don't look right to me anymore. So now I'm on the hunt for headlight buckets from the Revell "Vette Agin" kit.

Here's a pic of the Mercedes lights that I'm not happy with. I think they're too small and they remind me of some kind of bug lol

101_3073_zps220802dc.jpg

Got some more done this weekend:

IMG_0348_zps767a0b86.jpg

It's shaping up well, excpt for the vent above the wheelarch. Where does the air go that's going to get drawn in there?

It needs to be an outlet, not an intake.

Brilliant execution! Thanks.

It's shaping up well, excpt for the vent above the wheelarch. Where does the air go that's going to get drawn in there?

Thanks Don! You know I never thought about the air situation......I liked the way it looked coming into the fender like that. There will be a separation bar (like the 1:1) on my finished car body.....I wont be able to get the separation bar on the resin body because it would be too hard to pull from the mold being that resin would get behind it. Thank you for the interest.

That uh, vent is for the inside, to vent fresh kewl air from outside, so as not to vent engine heat from under the hood.

I have to say, all ya guys worxs look awesome, please keep the updates coming no matter how picture worthy, the photo's plant seeds of inspiration to all new builders, and sets a challenge to yerselves to get better, THANX EVERYONE.

That uh, vent is for the inside, to vent fresh kewl air from outside, so as not to vent engine heat from under the hood.

Actually having thought about it now, the two airboxes are going to get mounted near those inlets so the vents will feed air into them.

Hadn't got that far being the body was taking all my thought up till now.

Putting the finishing touches on it, trying to get it ready to drop off by Jimmy this weekend. Hopefully.....