Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fourteenth Completion of 2013 -- 1949 Mercury Three Window Coupe

Steve_L

These are pictures of my 1949 Mercury Three Window Coupe. I have always liked working with resin kits and when I saw this offering from Hendrix Manufacturing, I knew I wanted to build it. I decided to use the matching Hendrix continental spare tire, too.

The donor is the AMT 1949 Mercury kit. I lowered the chassis to the max and fitted Pegasus chrome wheels and white wall tires. I added Ardun Heads to the engine and detailed it with a distributor, ignition wires and spark plug boots. The tri-power has copper fuel lines and I added rubber radiator hoses. I created a chrome dash and detailed it with instrument panel decals. I resin cast a button-tufted seat and made a tonneau cover. The body is basically stock except for frenched and tunneled head and tail lights. I used a custom grille and custom bumpers from the Modelhaus. The interior is painted with Duplicolor medium gray upholstery paint and the exterior is finished with Duplicolor gloss black and clear paint. I polished the paint and finished it off with Meguire's Ultimate pre-waxing polish/glaze.

Enjoy! smile.png

IMG_4260-vi.jpg

IMG_4261-vi.jpg

IMG_4262-vi.jpg

IMG_4264-vi.jpg

IMG_4266-vi.jpg

• 1 month later...