Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Charger in need of TLC

shas

Well done, I do a junker once in a while to break up all the shiny builds. I like the red door breaks things up and the ripped headliner is a nice touch. Your pictures are nice an clear lots of good angles but you may want to turn the flash down just a bit.

Edited by rv1963

Nice weathering work, overall. The swapped out door and torn headliner are really nice touches that give it more character and realism.

A couple of tips (since you asked): Try varying the rust color; particularly on large areas of rust, such as the roof. rust is almost never uniform. Also, when depicting rusted-through holes, thin the panel out from the back side 'till it's almost paper thin, then tear the holes with an Exacto knife to give a more jagged appearance.

Nice weathering work, overall. The swapped out door and torn headliner are really nice touches that give it more character and realism.

A couple of tips (since you asked): Try varying the rust color; particularly on large areas of rust, such as the roof. rust is almost never uniform. Also, when depicting rusted-through holes, thin the panel out from the back side 'till it's almost paper thin, then tear the holes with an Exacto knife to give a more jagged appearance.

I was going to say the same thing. Try grinding holes from the back. That way you don't get that "thick" look. I love your worn paint! Looks awesome!

Thank you for the helpful tip and thank you guys,for your friendly replies!