Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom 1966 Volvo P1800s "Bringing this back to the bench!"

Kennyboy

Thanks for the comments and interest guys!! :D

Was busy today on this.....tried a new product that was recommended for what I do. Aves Apoxie Sculpt. Like using clay but hardens like concrete after 24 hours! LOVE IT so far.

Had to go wider on the wheelwells, but will narrow them accordingly when dry.

P1020365_zps460c32a7.jpg

P1020367_zps436617ca.jpg

P1020366_zps72a1168c.jpg

P1020364_zps0005b909.jpg

Edited by Kennyboy

This(as well as your Ferrari) are just plain mind blowing. I have never seen either one of those cars before but as soon as I did, I wanted one! I want one of the scale version also lol! As a side note, if you like Aves, you should try Magic-Sculpt. Works the same way(two part putty). Mostly used for figure/miniature sculpting but also makes a great filler. Every one has their own opinion of what works better/best for them but I really like the stuff. Anyways, can't wait to see how this one turns out!

This(as well as your Ferrari) are just plain mind blowing. I have never seen either one of those cars before but as soon as I did, I wanted one! I want one of the scale version also lol! As a side note, if you like Aves, you should try Magic-Sculpt. Works the same way(two part putty). Mostly used for figure/miniature sculpting but also makes a great filler. Every one has their own opinion of what works better/best for them but I really like the stuff. Anyways, can't wait to see how this one turns out!

Thank you so much for the support Clint! :)

Maybe I'll have to try that stuff next!

It's Osmosis!!!!!!!!!! It just seeps in...... :lol::D:P;)

Hee hee maybe you are right......! :lol:

Thanks again Richard! :)

Was quite busy on this and the Ferrari this weekend!! Cut off the front end of the Maserati, used one of the casted front ends (that GerN sent me, thanks again Gerald!) cut the top section off where it met the hood and grafted it in. Started sculpting in the body lines on the sides and back, and did yet another complete wetsand! ......here are some pics!!

(Sorry for the poor lighting! The flash would have been tooooo bright!! I'll get some better ones later today...)

P1020368_zpsf46788ae.jpg

P1020374_zps38ede6cd.jpg

P1020375_zps5895ecdb.jpg

I would just mention here that the Aurora/Monogram 3500 GT grille & nose are way off from the actual car. Slopes down too much, too oval.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1086640

Hope you'll agree Skip that it looks better now......put about 4 hours into cutting it off and redoing it. ^_^

Edited by Kennyboy