Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Mustang 6-Inline

webestang

Thanks guys!

I used the 67 GT kit and left it 5-lug, like an upgrade for Fox body's, 6 banger's in the sixes were 4-lug. Custom exhaust, all the wires, hoses are from a VCR. The tires I bought at a show and the wheels from my parts box. Color is Tester's 50's Aqua rattle can, it's the closest I could find to Seafoam Green. The 6-banger is from Perry's resin. I believe it is from the Maverick promo model 200 cid.

025_25.jpg

That's an unusual looking Mustang. It's definitely different! :D

BTW... I doubt the washer fluid bag would have been body color... ^_^ And I agree with Lee that your cables and wiring are definitely on the hefty side. Do a google image search and you'll get a better idea of how those battery cables and ignition wires should look (for your next model).

One more suggestion... after you apply foil, you need to burnish it down to get rid of all the wrinkles.

Cool build of an old mainstreamer! History has gotten a bit foggy, but there were a lot of 6 cylinder Mustangs and Camaros back in the day. Guys who couldn't afford a V8 would buy them and still do the visible hop ups like adding nice wheels, blacking out the hood, adding a hood scoop and jacking up the rear. Hey, we ran what we could, but tried to do it in style.

My buddy Mark had a white 1966 Mustang coupe with a six and three speed manual on the floor back in 1976. It was the most basic Mustang of that year, with manual everything and the four lug wheels. We drove the wheels off of that one, and had some great adventures / mis-adventures only as 17 year olds could, in that car.

I do have a Ford six resin copy (I believe from MCW) that I built complete for another build, then went another way with that model... do I feel a model coming on??