Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 fairlane gasser

Devilsnake98

• 2 weeks later...

Been a bit but got some progress on my fairlane. Got the body in the emerald metallic basecoat, made subframe connectors, front bump stops, leaf spring shackles front and rear, had to make a drag link, added a steering box, painted all the chassis components and glued in place, started to plumb in a brake system. Will be adding BMF to the body and adding the decals before clearing the body. Last will be working on the interior, I only have the dash done. Need to make "aluminum" door panels, add in 66 mustang seats I'm going to use, and build a roll bar/ cage and paint it all.

fairlane120613009-vi.jpg

fairlane120613012-vi.jpg

fairlane120613011-vi.jpg

fairlane120613008-vi.jpg

fairlane120613006-vi.jpg

fairlane120613005-vi.jpg

fairlane120613007-vi.jpg

fairlane120613001-vi.jpg

fairlane120613002-vi.jpg

fairlane120613003-vi.jpg

• Like 1

Got the disc brakes on and the rubber hoses to the calipers installed. Weathered the tire tread and installed the wheels and tires. Had to put the chassis on the body for a mock up in color, its getting there. Also working on the engine now, will be a couple weeks until the engine is done because im waiting on some resin fittings to plumb it. Anyway heres a few pics.

fairlane120713001-vi.jpg

fairlane120713002-vi.jpg

fairlane120713003-vi.jpg

fairlane120713004-vi.jpg

fairlane120713006-vi.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like this thread has been moved, ok. Anyway, finally got enough progress worth posting. Got the BMF on the window frames, applied one of the "passin gas" logos on the door, and needless to say, I will not be using them. They are completely transparent and do not stand out against the green paint at all.

Edited by Devilsnake98