Model Cars Magazine Forum

Renault 16...

Brizio

Fabrizio, up to the eighties the R 16 was a common sight in Germany, and being honest I didn't like it very much in those days.

Your model, however, is simply fantastic, perfect, better than the real vehicle. By regarding your model I became a R 16 enthusiast.

LOL! I know also in Italy there weren't to many, and this one had a kind of weird shape for the cars of that era. I notice the same on other cars, a that time they look kind of weird, now you look at it and you like it. Like NSU Prinz, in Italy they call it "Bathtub", the Renault R8, the Primula from Autobianchi... Now probably because they are vintage, we look a them with different eyes... :D

Absolutely superb built of that complicated 1/20 Heller kit (unfortunately very rare and therefore expensive nowadays)

I wish I had this in my stash (my uncle had a white one in 1968 and a dark red one 3 or 4 years later)

It is a car with character - as is typical for many cars of the era and you have done it justice !!!

Thank you All guys!!! :)

@Mangodart, there was one on ebay.fr last week, try to check maybe is still there. :) There was also one on Ebay.com, it is in Japan.

@Antikainen, I check online for almost two years, and finally I got one. Ok it was missing a parking light and a tail light (I did not notice before buy it). Keep checking. :)

@OM617, LOL! :D

@1959scudetto, Chek ebay and other online store, sometime they show up. This is the one on ebay.com that I was talking about: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-RENAULT-16-1-20-MODEL-KIT-UNION-JAPAN-/370936149229?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item565d8474ed

Like you said the price sometime is kind of expensive if you think all the corrections it require. But a the same time it is a nice car to have above all, like you, me we had someone in the family that own it. :)

Here a better shot of the engine bay. The tire on the box art, and instruction is upside down.

1395289_673400586027991_324421331_n.jpg