Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 charger , anyone drag these bad boys?

freshawk

Were these dragged , or were they more on a nascar train of thought? I picked up the 67 Hemi charger kit (non Foose issue) and it has a drag option. I have been doing some research , but have yet to come up with any relevant info. 66's , yes , 68-71 , yes. 1967 , nothing.

Thanks!

Yeah, I searched Walt Maynard's cars too, and didn't turn up anything else on this one. Lots of other Mopars under his name though.

What is included as the "drag setup" in the kit?

Its basic , headers , slicks , wheels , hood scoop , air cleaner , cool can , and decals ( i might have missed something here...) but noting too crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Roger Lindamood (of Color Me Gone fame) ran a 67 Charger. It was very popular on the match race circuit and was considered one of the prettiest cars to come out of the Midwest.

Yep, funny car.

I'm no expert on racing done while I was in diapers, but it seems to me that there were probably plenty of these cars that were drag raced. But as a full size car, your horsepower to weight ratio would never be as good as a comparably powered Barracuda. So I think a car like the 66/67 Chargers would fall squarely in the also ran category, and sadly nobody remembers those. I say build it. I'm going to. I had Revell send me decals just so I can.

ColorMeGoneII_zps7ab0cd17.jpg

Edited by Jantrix