Model Cars Magazine Forum

06 Mustang/Modena "American Cavallino" Near being done......

DrKerry

Nice idea not a fan of ferraris but love mustangs. I Guess this is One Fast Pony

Same,until i was lucky to try one. As an detailer i get to drive all sorts of cars and this includes the 360 Modena. This was an F1

edition with the flappy paddle gearbox. As much as i love an rumbling torque delivering v8,there are few or any car that made

goosbumps all over. When that flat crank little v8 get close to 9000rpm it does somthing to you. It just pull and pull,and the gear

changes are brutal. Its like you are smacked in the seat and all hell is on again up to 9000 again. I have to point out this was in

a straight line and there was little or no traffic. I would not dare to challenge the handling of this mid engine beast on public road.

Anyway,really cool build. I guess you get the best of both worlds.

Picked up a Tamiya Modena 360 today and am planning on using the chassis/interior components on the Mustang. That way I can detail it out more. Now I'm thinking of opening the doors and rear hatch area...

Also someone had asked me if I had a hatch because theirs got messed up, contact me again and let's see if I have one for ya!!!

Opened up the doors and trunk area to make it more of a hatch back style. Also changed from the Revell chassis and am going with the Tamiya set up for better detailing.

Also shaved the wiper arm detail off to go with the Modena pieces.

I'm going to have to modify the interior to move it back without moving it back. I have to mate it to the door jambs and move the door panels back into the frame. Only thing is I can't move the interior back due to the engine is right behind the firewall behind the seats...

IMG_2516_zps84e5bcfc.jpg

IMG_2517_zpsb5ff35dd.jpg

IMG_2519_zpsbb2c3279.jpg

IMG_2520_zps9a11ec33.jpg

IMG_2522_zpsf25aecba.jpg