Model Cars Magazine Forum

06 Mustang/Modena "American Cavallino" Near being done......

DrKerry

Hey Bill, it'll have mid engine Modena power plant. The cowl area crowds up the Pony engine bay a bit much.

Ray, yesthe wheelbase is spot on, no altering there.....

Oscar?!?!?!?! Well I'll admit, yer right. But I'm so wrong it's good....sometimes!!!!!

Oh and I changed up the rear end a bit, guess you could say I did a little Miley Cyrus on it, I twirked it!!!!!!! :lol::D:P:o

Ok, I have two hoods I can use on this, The stock one and one from A/FX Resins. My only thing is the hood from A/FX may be a bit out of place on a rear engined car. The flat stock hood may be a better fit for it.... What do you all think???

Chin spoiler is also from A/FX

IMG_2386_zps8b62a880.jpg

IMG_2387_zps86777afb.jpg

Modena tail section

IMG_2388_zps9d60bbea.jpg

IMG_2389_zpsc04a4cb9.jpg

IMG_2390_zps055f3bee.jpg

Opened up the lower grille

IMG_2393_zpse72b19ff.jpg

IMG_2394_zps20c97878.jpg

Thanks guys, I was kind of leaning to the flat hood myself. The stuff I got from A/FX Resins has the sail panel vents (quarter windows) as well as the rear quarter vents, just didn't take a pic of them.... Thanks for the opinions, they really help me out!!!!

I say the stock hood, but with the center curved down for radiator exhaust like on a GT40.

ScreenShot2013-12-20at110706PM_zps5e5153

-MJS

Someone on my Kustom Kemps site said something similar. Now this one from you, I like this idea too.... My only concern is how it will look with a tall looking nose on the car. The GT-40 and other cars with this look have a tapered nose on them...