Model Cars Magazine Forum

2014 Cannonball Run CBP

Nick Winter

Sorry I haven't gotten my what im starting with photos up yet hope to this weekend as ive been busy. Also unless im blind I don't think I seen my name added to the list.

And a question does the kit we start with need to be unbuilt or can we start with a built as long as its gonna be changed?

cut from the official rules...

2.) You must show a picture of the kit, collection of parts, or re-builder that you are starting with. If it is possible try to post at least 1 update per month even if it just says "I haven't finished any work, but I'm still here..."

think you're good ^_^

Wow still here but as so many other things life gets in the way . soon as i find my digital camerai will post pics of the start and any progress i might make

there are some awesome pieces going together hope my A game is good enough (more like a B minus) good work guys as usual.

MIchael

Got some Easy-Off and finally got the paint stripped. Repainted the white base coat.

I built the grille, and while thinking about how Revell's old clear, no detail headlight lenses suck, I dropped one. Looked for it for about 20 minutes, then remembered a set from a Monogram Roadrunner I had and used thsoe instead. Looks great.

Found the missing lens this morning.

What the H you guys?!? I`m working on some basic stuff trying to get my skills & head back back to a point where I`m feeling good about doing some heavy fab work so I can jump into this race ,and you just keep raising the bar. There are some incredible builds happening on here.

Very nice lookin builds everyone! :)

Finally got something done to my '64 Impala. Some weeks ago I got AMT '64 Impala hood to it because I didn't want to cut that original one if something goes badly wrong. Also got '69 Camaro hood with cowl induction scoop. After some cutting and drawing I have '64 Impala hood with scoop. Here's some pics.

1. Starting point was this. One Impala hood and one Camaro hood.

P2260814_zps8305b92c.jpg

2. Then I cutted that scoop off that Camaro hood and drew the outlines of that scoop to Impala hood.

P2260815_zps77f4a2bd.jpg

3. After that I made big hole to Impala hood.

P2260819_zpsccfb708b.jpg

4. Then I glued that scoop on it's place and after some cutting final product looks like this. I pretty happy how it turned out. Next it needs just some bondo and sanding.

P2260820_zps3446f3d3.jpg

P2260823_zps0f7f017c.jpg

P2260821_zpsa8d45674.jpg

Hope that next update relates to engine. :rolleyes: