Model Cars Magazine Forum

2014 Cannonball Run CBP

Nick Winter

Good work folks.

I've finally done something.

Body is ready for paint.

Here's a mock up.

Hey, look who showed up for the dance! :D I like it already Zen. I've always hated those wheels but I think you found right project to put them on, they're perfect. Looking for more.

you know me. Do nothing all year and then in the last month panic.

Those wheels are growing on me (like a fungal infection...). On the Firebird they are nasty but they might work on a Skyhawk. I need to look into some larger rear tyres though.

i had to do more to the body on this than I expected. I've built in the complete Firebird engine bay and scratchbuilt lips around the tailgate.

I've stretched the interior and have started on the engine having gathered all the tuning parts I need - i've got the twin blower set up from the Revell Pro Street 'vette which will fit nicely onto the Poncho donk and should be low profile enough to avoid having to cut the bonnet.

Paint will be pearl white with red racing stripes and a red interior.

I'm also feeling the urge to knock up some big knarly 70's style side pipes.

No roll cage though. Don't know why so many entrants are bothering. I'm not planning to roll it... :P

Edited by zenrat

She'll be right. After all, I got a whole month left.

All the hard work is done - the scratch building & modifying to fit the Firebird chassis & interior tub.

Now I just got to paint it all.

Body got white pearl on it today so i'm moving along.

you know me. Do nothing all year and then in the last month panic.

I'm using the same playbook I think lol. Looks great by the way, paint sounds good.

Here's a couple of photos for my two main entries.

The Dart's colors are on awaiting decals and round one of body work for the Formula.

10006100_568218863323980_522239511817641

Post21_zpsca86012f.jpg

Edited by TFchronos

Jonathan you scurvy dog, those are my Torino colors, only in reverse. Looks pretty good, so I'll have to step mine up.

It's been looking like I won't make it to the starting line but I'm not cashing out yet. I got some quality time this week to prime and spot glaze the Torino, an evening of sanding and another evening of painting small parts.

PrimerampParts_zps483f14bb.jpg

Last night I assembled the engine and drudged through my least favorite modeling task of stringing finicky wires. With it done though, it's a nice feeling of accomplishment. Considering the age of the kit, the engine fills out nicely.

Engine_zps4c82af29.jpg

Here's a little update to the Charger Daytona. I shot some Primer on the body today. It looks pretty good for now, but of course I can't say it for sure until it's fully dried. Tomorrow I will have to see how it looks and if it's good, after a couple of days I will shoot some orange on it. I hope I don't have to do more bodywork with it as the deadline is gettin' closer and closer every day...

93bf1b7d-9bad-4202-8c73-7b7e9bc86ce2.jpg

93c9612b-1562-405d-843d-bde9780faa4e.jpg

78e63373-7e6d-41fe-b823-8d121ceedca5.jpg

A while back I chose to make a taillight out of a semi truck exhaust pipe.

TaillightProposal_zps378d5827.jpg

I finally got around to cutting it up and airbrushing it tonight. This is what it looks like after paint. It fits pretty good too. Can't wait to get color on the Torino body and see how this looks inset into the bezel.

TaillightPainted_zps0283faed.jpg

Clever idea Mike, looks great. Paint sounds good too, can't wait to see it.

I'm almost at the same point with my Formula Niko, I think I got the body right but wont know until priming and sanding to find out. With 26 days to go a lot of stuff needs to go right for it to make it to the line.

Very nice paint Fred, the color and strips look beautiful on the car.

Progress has been slow on the Mustang but I've got the interior finished so I should make it to the start line this year. I tried embossing powder for the carpet and was pleased with the result. I should have another update soon.

post-11090-0-51229600-1415149062_thumb.j