Model Cars Magazine Forum

Suggest a model, please!

It is past time to start working on my daughter's 4-H model project due in July 2014.

I think my daughter would enjoy working on any size model, but her dad likes big models.

Last year, she built an AMT '64 Mustang in 1/16th. She won the Grand Champion prize at our fair, and a coveted Indiana State Fair entry, where she earned a spot on the honorable mention table.

Her dad was very proud. In fact, some said he had tears in his eyes when he saw that giant ribbon pinned to her display, but I swear, that was sweat that had run off from my forehead!!!

Can you suggest a model for her 2014 build?

It should be of an American make or a Volkswagen Bug, and be a half way affordable kit. Money not growing on trees here.

Car or truck in large scale.

We are rattle-canners right now.

Considering building a rusty beater model of the car.

Good fitment of parts is an absolute must.

Thanks!!!!!

Edited by clovis

Like slusher said, the `69 Camaro should be available soon.

My 2010 Shelby Mustang went together *very* easy, but Im not sure if the subject is ready for rusty beater treatment yet. :D

Im also a "rattle canner", for life at this point. Only used an airbrush a couple time in the early 90`s.

Untitled_zps9da32da8.jpg

Thank you for the replies!!!

Right now, we are leaning towards a '55 or '57 Chevy in 16th. If I can find a deal on a kit, we'll definitely go that route.

Also somewhat considering the T-bird and the Duke's o' Hazzard mobile.

The new Foose kit is very, very tempting, but even at the price, it is a little more than I wanted to spend.

Please keep the ideas coming!!! I would love some more ideas!

I should add that I really, really like the Foose Camaro. I think it would look good with stock rims and tires, and painted as a rusty beater.

Does anyone know if $55 will be an accurate price at Hobby Lobby?

If HL's price is close to that, with a 40% coupon, the kit becomes extremely attractive.