Model Cars Magazine Forum

Can I use a 1/25 trailer on a 1/24 truck

Sure you can... I have many times myself. many trailers are so close it never would matter if there a 1/25th or 1/24th scale there usually really close to anything in the 2 scales anyway. Non semi truck trailers are a generalized scale anyway...I find semi trailers close as well.

Edited by disabled modeler

As everyone has said, of course! There really is minimal difference between the two, and considering the width of a 1:1 modern trailer is 8'6" (102") and an older trailer like the AMT Wilson Livestock trailer or a shipping container is only 8' or 96" wide, it is really as Rich had said, it's only going to be a few mm difference. In 1:25 scale, a modern 102" wide trailer is (or should be :) ) 4.08" wide and 1:24 would be 4.25" wide. The older 96" wide trailer would be 3.84" wide in 1:25 and 4" in 1:24 scale. The only big difference is lengths, you lose a few feet between the scales. My on the back burner because life got in the way WIP of my Ford LTL 9000 custom and AMT livestock trailer is a good example of this. The 1:24 tractor's frame is scaled to 38' long, but is exactly as long as the 1:25 scale 40' trailer it pulls!

HPIM2891.jpg

A few years back, this had also came up and I used the Ford, which is an Italeri kit, and compared the width of the livestock trailer and Italeri's Container trailer, and these pics just go to show, widthwise the difference in scale is not that noticeable.

HPIM1961.jpg

HPIM1956.jpg

• 6 years later...
  • 3 years later...
On 12/17/2023 at 2:15 PM, bph said:

Hey all question new to the game. Will a 1:25 semi truck model fit a 1:32 trailer and can sew an example if anyone has one thank you

Nope, too much difference in size.
A 1:25 scale kit is 25 times smaller than the real counterpart and 1:32 scale kit is 32 times smaller so 1:32 are 7 times smaller than 1:25.
If you take a measure on a real car or truck and divide it by 32 you get the scaled measurement for 1:32 scale, do the same and divide the same real measurement with 25 and you get the 1:25 scale measurement wich are a lot larger, and of course the other way around, if you take the measurement on the model times 32 or 25 and you will get the real measurement.
1:24 and 1:25 are so close so it's not that big a difference.

Edited by Force

On 12/17/2023 at 7:15 AM, bph said:

Hey all question new to the game. Will a 1:25 semi truck model fit a 1:32 trailer and can sew an example if anyone has one thank you

No, but I have used a 1/32nd semi trailer to build a custom trailer to put behind a 1/25th pickup truck. The trailer ends up being about the same width as the truck.