Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jo-Han´s Mercury Comet Pro Stock

LeadFred

Thank you all,

It is so cold here in Sweden right now, so your feedback warm me up very much.

I hope that the Comet will inspire you,

Many of you liked the paint and i can tell you,that it is done with a Volkswagen Yellow metallic Spray can and also the red faded paint in the rear of the body is Red transparent Taillight paint from a spray can.

Before i did the faded area i hold my breath,because it can very easily get paint on areas that you dont wont it on.

I got lucky because i hit the paint exactly where i wanted.(that was luck)

It is more control if you do it with an airbrush.But in this build it is done with a spray can.

I can also tell you,that,

When i got the body painted it all went down in the kit box and was there for two years before i went on with it again.

thats always a problem,i have to much ideas of what i want to build.

Thanks

Fredrik

• 3 months later...

Thank you all,

It is so cold here in Sweden right now, so your feedback warm me up very much.

I hope that the Comet will inspire you,

Many of you liked the paint and i can tell you,that it is done with a Volkswagen Yellow metallic Spray can and also the red faded paint in the rear of the body is Red transparent Taillight paint from a spray can.

Before i did the faded area i hold my breath,because it can very easily get paint on areas that you dont wont it on.

I got lucky because i hit the paint exactly where i wanted.(that was luck)

It is more control if you do it with an airbrush.But in this build it is done with a spray can.

I can also tell you,that,

When i got the body painted it all went down in the kit box and was there for two years before i went on with it again.

thats always a problem,i have to much ideas of what i want to build.

Thanks

Fredrik

hey Fredrik, very cool build. and yes you did inspire me. I have one of these kits and was tossing back and forth on making it period correct or more modern...... more modern wins. thanks and again, great build.