Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

51 Buick Custom By Chopper

ViperDave

That's a beauty!! Where did he get a '51 Buick?

The original was a 51 Chevy fastback. Then someone made the Cadzilla model and it was cast in resin. Chopper took that model and added a 49 Mercury front end and made the front wider to match the rear fenders. When it was finished he called it ChopperHead. Jimmy Flintstone bought that one and cast it in resin. Then he gave Chopper a couple of the bodies and he made the Roadblaster Conv version then made this coupe version. Only a little bit is left from the original Chevy body or the Cadzilla version.

Ain't modeling great. You can do what ever you want.

The original was a 51 Chevy fastback. Then someone made the Cadzilla model and it was cast in resin. Chopper took that model and added a 49 Mercury front end and made the front wider to match the rear fenders. When it was finished he called it ChopperHead. Jimmy Flintstone bought that one and cast it in resin. Then he gave Chopper a couple of the bodies and he made the Roadblaster Conv version then made this coupe version. Only a little bit is left from the original Chevy body or the Cadzilla version.

Ain't modeling great. You can do what ever you want.

Amazing! So what you're saying is that it's a Buchevmerczillablaster! :)

Yow! Smooth doesn't even begin to describe that look. Love the color, & my favorite custom grille. Although, if after laying that kind of finish down, putting an exacto knife on the body to trim the foil, I would probably look like Barney Fife trying to load his revolver! :D

Tell Ted Gregg said he needs to learn how to paint!!!!!

and of course, that I still love him :-)

Incredible work, and getting better every year

Great pics too!

I thought I would teach him how to paint back when he joined the club. Now look what he does. Makes me work even harder.

Thanks for the comment on the pics.

Dave