Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model "T" Competition Coupe,Chassis painted

microboyca

• 3 weeks later...

Nice work and a cool model. I hate to tell you this but your quick change is upside down. You will have to put the car in reverse to go forward!! :wacko:

Hey thanks Andy for the kind remarks,I like to think that for the differential being bottoms up,that between the reverse gear ratio in the transmission and the available gears for the quick change,that a combination was found to shave some time off the E.T.

It's like these guys back in the day where trying all kinds of wild set-ups to go that just little bit faster. Cheers,

Ron.

EDIT.I just discovered that my differential was put in upside down accidentally the last time I put this together.It had not been glued in, so it is now in the proper configuration. :D

Edited by microboyca

that looks excellent! and I probably missed it but that must be a Lincoln mill with that kool side draft induction? Looks really unique!

jb

Thanks a lot and yeah I had to use that motor from the Model T Ford 3 in 1 kit.It's a cool little piece,huge ejector pin marks in the carbs not withstanding!and I like the blower belt and pulley set up, as they are narrower than the usual width of them.

Cheers,

Ron.

Hey Ron beautiful work! How about a tutorial on how you made the front axle

Hey Steven,thank you very much and as far as a tutorial is concerned,I am going to be building another chassis very soon so I will document it a little bit more to show how I formed each part of the steering components.Cheers,

Ron.

P.S. please make this crazy winter up here, to stop !