Model Cars Magazine Forum

Brutus done 10/2/14

brett

Thanks guys. Jim, they're airbrushed coarse aluminum with clear which settles the flake down , I'll try and remember to spray a couple spoons to show you the difference.

Dave R, not sure but its been at least 6 months. As long as the container (in my case a little glass jar) is airtight they should last indefinitely .

Thanks again.

Charlie, if you're using Chuck Boerners decals they were designed to fit this body, that been said both front and rear wheel arch's are a little tight placement wise but they are way more user friendly than any other decals I've used.

Thanks Brett, yeah I'll be using Chucks decals and can't wait to get started on this (if I can ever finish my Tommy Grove F/C LOL). I saw this car run many times when I was a kid in Maryland, some great times in drag racing and what a beautiful car this was.

Charlie

Pro Tech

Brett...couple of questions.... Is that fuel tank the one that came with the kit? And..do you have a photo of Brutus with a battery in it? I'm curious because I have never seen a Funny Car with a battery in it. As far as I know they were all started with a mechanical starter off the blower drive. I searched and couldn't find anything showing a battery so I was just curious if you had located a pic showing a battery? Not criticizing here at all...just genuinely curious! All the ones I found were like this one showing no battery and quite a differently shaped fuel tank....

Brutus2-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Yes its the Johan kit fuel tank. no I havent really seen any with batteries (but I havent really looked either ) lol. All the tin work is completely different to ( at least the restored car) but its the kit the decals were made/sized to fit. But with the body down, as it will be, I wasnt sweating the details too much, love the look of the car, happy (as I get) with the build. Not meant to be a smart alek answer, sorry if it comes across as such, but as my health has been getting a lot worse lately, I wanna get built (as best I can) what I can, while I can.And if that means fudging some small details along the way then thats what will happen cause 98 percent of the population wont know any better.

Brett...couple of questions.... Is that fuel tank the one that came with the kit? And..do you have a photo of Brutus with a battery in it? I'm curious because I have never seen a Funny Car with a battery in it. As far as I know they were all started with a mechanical starter off the blower drive. I searched and couldn't find anything showing a battery so I was just curious if you had located a pic showing a battery? Not criticizing here at all...just genuinely curious! All the ones I found were like this one showing no battery and quite a differently shaped fuel tank....

Brutus2-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Hi Terry, I have seen some early F/C's that did have a battery that was located on the the rear portion of the chassis, not sure on Brutus. Also the pic you show is of the restored car as they did not have blower hold downs (or blankets) at that time. And with no blanket on this one I would say it does not make any passes or they run it super soft and not on nitro. Also this one is much too clean to be F/C of the day as they were real work-horses.

Charlie

Pro Tech