Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

49 Mercury woody wagon

Sixties Sam

I just finished this Revell 49 Merc woody. Nice kit, went together well. OOB build. Paint is Krylon Celery spray can. Wood framing was brushed with Testors flat brown. Kit decals used for the dark panels. Wet look clear over everything. No wiring or extra engine details - just a basic build, but I like it! Those old Ford woodies are cool!Comments welcome! Oops, I just noticed the gas cap is missing - must have fallen off. Oh, well!

12369688584_08100d3d25_z.jpg

12369249165_f401e4ffc6_z.jpg

12369702404_55b808cef3_z.jpg

12369423893_6c84eee0f2_z.jpg

Thanks for all the compliments, guys. I enjoyed this build!

Joker, the rivets got a dab of Testors silver paint marker - real easy.

Chris, the kit went together well with the only fit issue being with the hood hinge tabs hitting something on the chassis or interior. I cut the tabs down a little and it fits perfectly. One piece of advice: ream out the small holes for the door handles, tailgate handle, mirror, and taillights. They were all too small after painting.

Sam

Al, I was pleased with how easy the kit woodgrain decals went on. I generally hate decals - they never seem to fit, they often have visible clear outlines, etc. I dry fitted each of these decals and trimmed about 1/32" off of them, then soaked them and slid them on. It seemed to work well.

Thanks again everyone for your generous compliments. I appreciate them!

Sam