Ray Patrick’s Seahawk

Bill Geary’s vette

Augie’s black 32

Bill Borgen’s Kriner Bros Salvage Truck

Lyle Willets purple 32 with the skull grill

John White (Indiana) Doodlebug

Ken Hamiltons K&J 53(?) Orange salvage truck

Bill Borgens 1920 Newhouser Truck

Is this reserved for model cars on the american "hobby" scene or can anyone play? There are a lot of awesome scratchbuilders in Europe that we only get glimpses of. This exercise is interesting but by nature will be incomplete.

Best models I have ever seen and I have been around a little bit.

1. Tom Kirn's 1/15 Duesenberg J Hands down!! Beats Sans! Beats Wingrove!

2. Manuel Olive Sans 1/10 Maserati Birdcage OH. MY. GOD.

The rest of these models are still awesome but little compares to the above two.

3. Jim Drews Corvette GS

4. Clay Kemp's ....hmmmm... they are all awesome. I particularly like the Greg Anderson Grand Am.

5. All of the models on Mike Siegman's list!

6. Thibodeau's Pirates of Caribbean NASCAR

7. Charles Rowley's Fire rigs.

8. Bill Geary's Corvette and 58 Impala

The above list is very incomplete! These are just the one's that come off of the top of head. There are some 1/43rd builders who blow away almost all of us 1/25th types. One of the frustrating things is that there are closet builders everywhere who are really, really good but very few people see their stuff! What are you going to do! :D

Edited by Modelmartin

Two (Finnish) words: Juha Airio.

Yep, just about any of his models would make my top 10. I have had the pleasure of seeing many of his creations at shows, and I can tell you that all the great pictures you see actually don't do them justice, they look even better in real life. He probably has to wipe the drool off of them after the shows. :)

Edited by Olle F

Pierre Scerri's 1/3 scale Ferrari 312PB with working everything: engine, gearbox, shifter, throttle, headlights, ingnition switch, brakes, etc ...

fs_2798_ao-ferarri312pb_01.jpg

It only took 15 years - 20,000 hours to build.

Edited by CAL

I got to help him start it when he was here in Toledo with it last year for the Model Engineers Expo.

WOW, what sound and great smell it produced.

Pierre Scerri's 1/3 scale Ferrari 312PB with working everything: engine, gearbox, shifter, throttle, headlights, ingnition switch, brakes, etc ...

I'll nominate one of my favorites,

Tim Kolankiewicz's Coral Aura.

Thanks for the Nomination Modlguy!

I remember SAE did a list like that on one of their anniversaries (200th issue maybe). That was a pretty good start, for the "oldies".

As far as what I like that didn't make the list then or have been since, and really knocked me out (and not already listed).

Randy Derr: AJ Foyt Camaro

Ken Hamilton: "Home Sweet Home"

Mark Baston: Superflo Days of Thunder #46

Steve Boutte: Blue 1950 Ford Kustom

Ricky Couch: Moo Milk Truck

Jarius Watson: Concept 2032

Tommy May: "Red Hot Chili Pepper"

There are many more, but I'd need to go back thru some mags & photos.

Tim K.

I don't know if anybody has stated this one but i have to say Tommy May's "Yellow Fever" chopper. Just amazing.

Here is the link: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.p...ic=6592&hl=

I have to say if you want to see the build up you have to go to the "other" forum.

I'm going to post the link and hope i don't get banned, lol.

http://www.scaleautomag.com/sca/community/...;TOPIC_ID=41112

It is quit long, and there are many other posts of other peoples builds, too.

You will have to contact him to get more info. He is on this forum, too, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Thanks Robert... I'm very proud that you nominated my chopper and glad you appreciate it but in my opinion it doesn't deserve to even mentioned with all the other builds here.

Tim "Kustom" Kolankiewicz linked me to this thread a couple days ago wanting me to add my list and I've been spending time searching inside my little bald head to come up with my favorite model cars and I can't... Everytime I think of one or two it seems I replace them with others so I gave into my true feelings.

All I can seem to come up with is not the individual models but the modelers themselves... If I made a list of my favorite models it would be very biased based on the modelers that I've befriended so I decided tonight not to nominate any models.

Hope it's ok and I understand it may be "off topic" but I will mention a few ###### good modeling friends that I've made over the years and communicate with on a regular basis excluding the late Ricky Couch and Augie Hiscano.

Tim Kolankiewicz

Ken Hamilton

Pat Covert

Sam Hamilton

Ricky Couch

Augie Hiscano

John and Trea Larkin

Tony "Tinman" Inman

Ted "Chopper" Lear

Virgil Suareze

Paul Farley

Bob Downie

I could add about 30-40 more but then it would get even more boring.

"The best friends I've ever made in my life build model cars."