Model Cars Magazine Forum

removing glue smear

I just smeared a glop of Testors liquid cement (in the black applicator) across a painted and gloss coated hood. As you can imagine, it looks pretty bad. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions about how I can get it off the hood? I'm desperate here, the car looked pretty good...

thanks

Rather not do that--it's on the hood of a '69 Nova SS. It's painted an enamel that's no longer available, and I just checked to see if I had any left, and I don't, otherwise I'd dip it and repaint it. I'm thinking maybe rubbing compound, but if there's something else somebody knows about, let me know!

Sand it down and polish it back to a shine. Might have to do this several times but it works. I have had to do this to several models. last one being a 71 hemi cuda and a 70 superbird. Both turned out great. Just be sure to let the glue dry before trying to sand......lol ask me how i know.....

Good idea, slusher, but as I remember it wasn't a model paint. I think it was an enamel craft paint I bought in a Michael's in Colorado, on clearance. I can't even remember the brand, but it was a really striking bright, dark blue metallic. The painted model was a dead ringer for the box art on the Revell '69 Nova SS. Oh well...

I can't remember what the color was called. I bought it at either a Michael"s or a variety store in Colorado when I lived there...I got two good paint jobs out of it and pitched the empty can. I'll look at my local Michael's, but I think it was a clearance item at the time. Rob, I see what you mean, but your Charger still turned out nice!