Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pocher Rolls Sedanca

Cato

You just can't do any better than that. To say that your work on that engine is impressive is a complete understatement, so I'll just say that's freakin' awesome! B)

Thank you Harry-but I don't buy that.

When you dust yours off in the fall, it will make this look like a Tonka....

Many thanks cato for the lecture i really appreciate it...... in my place no one will share tips like that...

i will spent more time on body repair shop near my house... to aquire some information and photoshoot for references...

its really detail information and tips.. its a weathering bible to me...

i will print it out for guide on my next project...,

maybe mfh 1/12 250gto...

Edited by Cien1986

Cato i really want one pocher classic but first difficult to aquire one... ebay sometimes the bid goes too high... and the pocherparts site sell it too expensive for me....

and i also afraid iam not able to finish it..

But really2 want it...

complete is important..

seal is no issue for me...

Let's get some interior into that Rolls :)

Great first post-welcome aboard another Pocher fanatic!

Have a ways to go to get the interior started but been gathering and planning. Chassis done, engine a bit more to do-I keep finding more details to add.

Yours looks great-post more here or better, start your own thread. Love to see other Pochers.

Cato i really want one pocher classic but first difficult to aquire one... ebay sometimes the bid goes too high... and the pocherparts site sell it too expensive for me....

But really2 want it...

complete is important..

Henry-a MFH 1/12 kit is also a big expenditure. Love to see your work on it.

But a classic Pocher, with some luck, should be no more expensive. And with your skill level, you can scratchbuild many of the details without buying aftermarket parts.

Glad you enjoy the tips on aging and weathering. Hope it will show up in your future work.

But really2 want it...

complete is important..

If you're interested in a Pocher Rolls or Mercedes but not yet ready to spend the money, find a 1/16 kit, which is plenty large and half the size of Pocher [Mercedes 540K from Entex or Academy/Minicraft, or Revell Phantom II Continental]. These are equivalent cars to Pocher except for the amazing detail, and they're regularly available on eBay at reasonable prices -- practice on one of them for research and detail. Then decide if you want to splurge on a Pocher. The Alfas would have to be practiced on from 1:18 Bburago diecasts.

To see what you're getting into, you can download free Pocher instructions here, which are also helpful as reference for building smaller scale versions:

http://www.modelmotorcars.com/html/useful_info/manuals/manuals_home.htm

In any case, you need to do your research and detective work before you attempt any of them. I will be glad to supply reference.

Edited by sjordan2

Thanks for your support guys.

I am struggling right now but look at my project every day. It's just kind of overwhelming to me in my current state.

I am trying to turn the corner and get my strength back.

It's nice to look in and see people care.

C.

Thanks for your support guys.

I am struggling right now but look at my project every day. It's just kind of overwhelming to me in my current state.

I am trying to turn the corner and get my strength back.

It's nice to look in and see people care.

C.

No hurry.

We'll be here when you get back up and running.

Cato,

I hope you feel better soon. I began following this thread a few months ago and you got off to a great start. But I haven't visited this for a while and when I saw your last round of pics posted, well there simply are no words. I honestly stared at those pics for a few minutes and went back and forth to determine if I was looking at a real engine or your car. Now I know what it takes to make the leap from amateur to professional.

Get better soon and good luck with the rest of the car.

Tim

Cato,

I hope you feel better soon. I began following this thread a few months ago and you got off to a great start. But I haven't visited this for a while and when I saw your last round of pics posted, well there simply are no words. I honestly stared at those pics for a few minutes and went back and forth to determine if I was looking at a real engine or your car. Now I know what it takes to make the leap from amateur to professional.

Get better soon and good luck with the rest of the car.

Tim

You're very kind Tim but don't confuse my work as 'professional'. There are guys on here who really are professionals and compared to their work, I'm a hacker.

I'm just a lucky amateur who tries things.

Trying to get back on the bench soon. Thanks for watching.

Back on the bench...

Just before getting ill, I had completed the oil filter linkage and an oil pressure line to the dash gauge. none of this is in the kit:

229Medium_zps610a4263.jpg

Onto the linkage that connects and synchronizes the distributor and magneto. It runs from the distributor, across the front of the block, then reaward to a bell crank at the magneto. Here's some bits I scratched for this:

230Medium_zpsff4bea94.jpg

The central piece is the vacuum canister supplied by Pocher and heavily modified with oil line fittings and cross shaft tubes:

231Medium_zps8b2f199b.jpg

232Medium_zps486755c3.jpg

After some 'aging':

233Medium_zps062aaf74.jpg

More below...

The levers and side shaft:

234Medium_zps98ba417e.jpg

The rear connection to the bell crank, tension spring and magneto:

235Medium_zpscb6013f0.jpg

This side of engine finally done:

238Medium_zpsd368a673.jpg

A proper fan belt-the 3 decade old rubber band from the kit is a joke. This is medical tape and has a nice texture. The engine front is done except for radiator hose:

237Medium_zpsda1a4c95.jpg

Now all that's remains is a lot of scratch built linkage on the other side. The fuel line to the top of the intake removed for work space:

239Medium_zps6e2a64d9.jpg

Beautiful work. I wish I had anywhere near the patience you do. That engine is just spectacular. B) Is that oil filler tube one of Marvin;s parts?

Yes Harry it is. It's smaller and has the proper twist in it as 1:1. I'm a sucker for that kind o' stuff...

And thanks...

Almost there...

Most of the linkage on the drivers side. Still a few bits to go but I'm not sure I can do the the finest ones. Also, weaving it through the layers already there is scary.

The harsh flash was necessary to see the small stuff which is also mostly black as 1:1.

Makes the weathering look too dramatic but it's much more subtle in person:

240Medium_zps148ca4be.jpg

241Medium_zpse3f2d72a.jpg

242Medium_zps5136ef81.jpg

243Medium_zps0e2c4eff.jpg

The overall look so far:

244Medium_zpse38d2f43.jpg