Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pocher Rolls Sedanca

Cato

Cato, I have to say how much I admire your car and abilities. The firewall is outstanding. btw, what are "we" going to do now that Dremel stopped making the Stylus?

It's one of my favorite tools. Oh well. Keep up the great work.

Cheers,

Tim

Cato, I have to say how much I admire your car and abilities. The firewall is outstanding. btw, what are "we" going to do now that Dremel stopped making the Stylus?

It's one of my favorite tools. Oh well. Keep up the great work.

Cheers,

Tim

We will continue to use our Stylus' until our cold dead fingers cannot turn them on. :D

Brushes for them are cheap and that's all I anticipate needing.

Yes it was sweaty but I could not have done the wire shields without it. Doing the oil and fuel lines right now-when the twitching stops. :wacko:

Thanks Tim and stay on board; lots to go yet.

Awesome. Are you going to put a Rolls ID plate at the top?

It's there Skip.

Only I took artistic license and put it above the steering column, below the red ignition box. It's a little 'aged' too like the others... ;)

It's there Skip.

Only I took artistic license and put it above the steering column, below the red ignition box. It's a little 'aged' too like the others... ;)

I can't make it out very well...looks like it has different dimensions from this

33PIIVINplatecopy_zpsb4055171.jpg

Edited by sjordan2

The Pocher sticker is a flat mylar piece of BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH. Marvin makes a PE piece that's just like you show.

I moved it because I want that upper space for the firewall shutter control links, the starting carb control rod, the water temp sender and a custom (more like 1:1) radiator brace. Koo has you drill a hole 8mm down from top for the brace but 1:1 was attached to the leading edge. And a different type of mount-I'm using a clevis.

After 112 hours...

The complete firewall. Three control rods are rod stubs which will connect to the engine and radiator. They will get their complete rods when the firewall is finally placed for the coachwork. As will the coiled water temp sender, redone from my first attempt.

Due to Pocher's placement of the ignition box and wire run, there is some variance from 1:1. Had I known earlier when I did the improved wire run, I would have gone just that bit further to get it right. Did the best I could-just got it 'representative':

291Medium_zps8c296fbb.jpg

294Medium_zps551500c5.jpg

Edited by Cato

Seriously, I must object; Gerald Wingrove's cars are museum quality. Mine are fine for maybe the dining room server or the den mantle. Which is all I'm hoping for.

Besides museums don't allow leaky, rusty old crocks.

Having said that, all of your praise is most appreciated and the support and encouragement feels really good.

Thanks guys...