Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Charger 500 Pro Street

Speedpro

looking good Paul. really bites having to do things twice. on that engine bay, you could do the inner fenders, firewall and radiator support silver to represent aluminum. maybe cover it with bare metal foil. just some thoughts. keep going.

I included a shot of my road runners engine bay.

post-5121-0-38457000-1395686858_thumb.jp

Really appreciate all the comments everyone. Been doing some work on the engine and getting the wheels together. Had to come up with some wheel backs to fit the tires. I'll have a update soon.

Hi gene, I bend the rod with my fingers. I'v tried all kinds of ways to do this and using my fingers I think works best. O thing I never use is heat. Ruined a lot of parts that way.

Hi don, No tubs on this one. Didn't want to put the effort in that area. I'm just taking a lousy kit and making the best of the parts in the kit and making a few along the way.

Paul

Finished the long block tonight. Been trying to get a color on the valve covers that looked good to me. I painted these parts 3 times and I think the last color is going to stay. The distributor is mounted and wires run. Now if I can just figure out the blower. It's chrome right now but I think it going to end up being painted. Here's a few pics..........

005_zps71144d15.jpg

007_zps2f14a1fa.jpg

010_zpsced18584.jpg

013_zps1007dc5e.jpg

014_zpsfaa8cf22.jpg

That's it for now.............

Managed to get a little play time with the charger. Worked on the body details started putting on the bmf. I did the front and rear window moldings and the wing windows. Got the door handles. Then I went for the rear. Put bmf in the tail lamp housing for reflection. Then was getting ready to add some of the chrome around the tail lights, looked at a pic of the rear and saw it was to be black. I removed bmf from the tail lamp housing and started masking for the black.

014_zpse09e1b2b.jpg

013_zps1854c7ba.jpg

015_zpse596b2fb.jpg

Used bmf to mask up to where the chrome is under the trunk lid and down the sides...

002_zps5ea66743.jpg

Then covered the body with plastic wrap so as not to disturb the already done bmf around the windows.

005_zps19c753e5.jpg

I painted the rear panel black. I think it came out ok except for the one spot on the left just below the trunk lid. Not too worry. The chrome trim will cover it.

010_zpsaf537d29.jpg

012_zps5a9bd269.jpg

That's it for now.

Paul