Model Cars Magazine Forum

krager rimis and 60

Crager rims right? The reissued Myers Manx came with Cragers, if I remember correctly they were 14's. The original AMT Myers Manx came with 60 series Polyglass GT's. Not sure what the reissue came with for tires.

Specifically, what are you putting the wheels and tires on, that might get you more assistance. Rim diameter? Cragers came in 13, 14 and 15 inch diameter. Most of the 13 inch diameter Crager Mags were four spoke.

Are you looking for a modern looking rounded shouldered tire or a Muscle Car era square profile? 60's as in tire profile can mean a lot of things to a lot of different people, which is why I'm asking for a little more descriptive idea of what you are looking for. They've been making 60 series tires since the 1960's that covers a whole lot of styles of tires.

Don't get the idea that I'm slamming you for asking a question, just trying to constructively point out when asking for information to be specific, most of us aren't mind readers.

Cragar is correct sorry about the spelling. The Model i want these for is a 1970 Buick gsx. We had put 15 in front cant remember how wide on the front and 15 in'60 on the back all with brand new Cragar out of the box and mounted by our local tire store, He past away before we could finish the real car, and his parents scraped it 3 days after he paste.

Edited by aristoi

Please post specific questions in the Model Building Questions and Answers section.

Cragar is correct sorry about the spelling. The Model i want these for is a 1970 Buick gsx. We had put 15 in front cant remember how wide on the front and 15 in'60 on the back all with brand new Cragar out of the box and mounted by our local tire store, He past away before we could finish the real car, and his parents scraped it 3 days after he paste.

I would recommend the Cragar S/S wheels (assuming those are the specific model of Cragar wheels you want) in the Monogram (and now labelled as Revell) El Camino Camper/3'n1 kit, and you could get by with the Goodyear Rally GT big 'n' little tires which are included in that very same kit.