Model Cars Magazine Forum

After market parts exterior and interior, where to find them?

Can anybody give me any links to manufacturers or retailers of

After market parts like

interior parts such as tv's ,magazines ,

Pizza boxes , etc....

And exterior parts like bull bars, grill guards,

Stake bodies, flat bed bodies, cement mixer, garbage truck, pto

Winches, cranes, etc.....

I know this is a big broad list but I haven't had a lot of luck on the Internet.

I use to try and make my own but anymore time is just so limited

And supplies just aren't as plentiful for me anymore.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Whelen36

Stephen D

You will find some Interior Photo etch stuff at Kit Form Services . They did do a few things like a skip truck bed and a hiab craine mixer but im not sure if those are still avalible you could still find one or two on ebay possibley . But to be honest with you there isnt that much avalible. Im sure that somone will be able to tell you of other things out there but you may have to scratch build the things you want sorry.

Dave

Look under the section aftermarket directory for supplier links. There you will find all kinds of different companies that offer the variety of items you are looking for. Check out the trading sections, many times people have various parts and stuff up for trade. Many members here also offer resin cast items, look through the resin sections to see what is offered.

If there is something specific you are in need of, post it in the appropriate section (truck or car) and see what responses you get.

Follow along in the build sections, two weeks ago I picked up the remains of a die cast rollback that had been used for something else. I got something I wanted and so did the other person!

I don't know if this helps but am am working on a range of trucks at the moment that will include, tipper, tow truck, tanker, flatbed, fire engine and cement mixer bodies. These were going to be added options for the base model trucks i am developing but I am more than happy to sell them on their own.

Another one i am working on is a tilt tray "aka" rollback body. Let me know specifically what you want and I might be able to make it up.

All the best !

Edited by fractalign

if the clip & paste feature would work for me, I have a ton of links for the small stuff. google diorama parts.

scale modeling by chris

scale equipment

also check out the "gee-gaws" thread

you'll have to do some hunting.

Edited by southpier

Joe, I can't get the "copy & paste" to work on this Forum when I is Internet Explorer, but it does work when I use Firefox.

Here's a list I "compiled" a while ago. It is bo no means a compregunsive list:

American Industrial Truck Models ( www.aitruckmodels.com/ ) - resin parts (also hosts Illini Replicas)
Model Truckin' ( modeltruckin.com/store/ ) - decals (Jerry is a member here & a great guy)
Plaskit - resin parts (Daniel doesn't have a Website, but you can email him at plaskit_resin@yahoo.ca)
GW Trucks - resin parts (Gary doesn't have a Website, but you can email him at gwtrucks@yahoo.com for a catalog)
P&P Resin Works ( www.ppvintagekits.com/ ) - resin parts
Model Maker Shop ( www.modelmakershop.com/modelmakershop/index.php?XTCsid=df08c8lr8cf38ov5u7s3a28e41 ) - resin, P/E, decals
Kit Form Services ( www.kitformservices.com/ ) - resin, P/E, decals
GR Decals ( www.grdecals.com.au/ ) - decals & P/E
Auslowe ( www.auslowe.com.au/ ) - resin, decals, P/E
Melbourne Model Truck Accessories ( www.freewebs.com/mmtaer/truckparts.htm ) - resin, P/E, decals
The Model Car Garage ( www.modelcargarage.com/store/pc/default.asp ) - mostly car stuff, but some P/E & detail items for rigs
Scale Modeling by Chris ( www.scalemodelingbychris.com/ ) - mostly car diorama stuff, but some things could be useful
Scale Equipment Ltd. ( www.seltd.net/ ) - mostly car diorama stuff, but some things could be useful

Czech Truck Model ( http://www.czechtruckmodel.com/index.php ) - mostly P/E but some multi-media update kits.

Personally, I'd stay away from Sourkraut's.