Model Cars Magazine Forum

Janis Joplin's Porsche 356C and Janis figure...

Brizio

First of all I have to use the word, while overused yet fitting, EPIC build! I don't know how anyone could do it to this scale, it is simply amazing the detail in the artwork.

I was extremely fortunate to be able to see Janis' car before it made its way to the R&R HOF. When I had my car delivered, Janis' car was riding on top all alone. Back then I only had a quick little camera but was able to get a few shots of the front and side of it. Again, simply amazing art work. Really looking forward to seeing its completion!

Chris

Thank you Chris for the huge compliment. Lucky you to see the real one.

Glad it arrived o.k' your doing great work on this Porsche ...

Thank you Geoff! :)

MAGNIFICENT and Wonderful work and project, can't wait to see more updates, amazing they way you have paint and add all the details in perfect scale and finish, superb!!!!!

Thank you Fred, I'm doing the best as I can using the photo reference I have.

first time in a LONG time that i've been flabbergasted by a paint job.... excellent work, Briz. just... excellent.

Thank you Curt! I was hoping to finish it last weekend, but I couldn't make it.

Wow this car is detailed, it looks like the real thing

Thank you Callon! :)

Wow is this coming along great. I can't wait to see this cleared.

Thank you David! :)

I'm thinking to do not put the chrome side moldings. What do you guys think? With or without?

023_vi.jpg

..Look how grey the tires are, that's some old rubber..

Beautiful build. Maybe see it at next GSL?

I notice the tire too. I read somewhere and they said that the car was restored, but is not in driving condition.

I always wanted go to the GSL, but for one reason or another I was not able to attend it. Maybe next year I will be able. ;) Thank you Chip! :)

If the chrome strip was not there, nobody would miss it. Please be very careful with any clear coat because what you have here is pure artistry.

Another one in favor of the car without chrome! Good! :D I will be careful, it is a one shot opportunity. :) Thank you Mike!

Edited by Brizio

My two-cents worth is . . . I wouldn't screw with the project by taking a chance with the strip. But that's just me. You've done a beautiful job so far, no sense taking any chances.

Your opinion is very appreciate, now 3 are in favor of the car without strip! And is the option I like better, for the reason the AFX said, the chrome trim, break up the paint. Thank you Danno! :)

The chrome trim was very helpful when I first draw with a pencil the paint scheme on the car.

Ah, the quandary... it does look better without the chrome, but you are building a replica and the real car has the strip! If you entered this otherwise perfect model in a Replica Stock class, they'd mark you down for the missing chrome strip.

Personally I don't think it interferes much on the left side. It's a matter of looking at the right side to see how that looks. I'd probably include it for accuracy's sake.