Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford Hot Rod

doomcrew

Thanks for the kind words guys, it's good to be back although not fully recovered, and you know how it is when you are sitting around and you have ideas running around in your head. :-)

Excellent !

Are the tires also from the Jo-han kit ?

Yes they are, but had to use Monogram Pro-stock wheel backs as the JoHan ones broke.

Steve

that is looking very good. I like the wrap on the headers and all that detail in the motor. orange crate body is a great body, I was going to be doing much the same thing, OC body on a latter day 32 kit, so when you see it don't accuse me of copying! I just hope it turns out as nice as yours, really dig that paint too, it does seem the green base comes through the black giving it a really nice overtone. kool build!

jb

• 2 weeks later...

that is looking very good. I like the wrap on the headers and all that detail in the motor. orange crate body is a great body, I was going to be doing much the same thing, OC body on a latter day 32 kit, so when you see it don't accuse me of copying! I just hope it turns out as nice as yours, really dig that paint too, it does seem the green base comes through the black giving it a really nice overtone. kool build!

jb

Thanks JB.

Hey go for it, I don't see it as copying, just inspiration.

Look forward to seeing done.

Steve

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I realize I'm pretty late chiming in here, but I have to say that that paint is gorgeous. Also, you've got a lot of nice eye candy in the detailing.

A couple of things have me scratching my head, though: The backward wishbone trailing arms on the rear suspension don't seem mechanically feasible and your master cylinder is upside down.