Model Cars Magazine Forum

Are you kidding me? I have the same project on my "get around to it list" I also have a black F-150 , except mine is not a 4x4 ... I also have a toolbox. Nice job on the model. Now if I can get the thing to stop blowing the brake light fuse it will be perfect.

IMGP6348-vi.jpg

Thanks again everyone glad to see you guys are liking this one. Wow Kurt did you borrow my truck and lower it? haha that's a real nice truck there, I'd love to see that model when you build it. And Roger I'd love to see the ones you've worked on as well, my first vehicle was another 89 F150 but shortbed reg cab.

I love this truck. To me, a pickup truck has a single door cab and an 8' bed. All the others are just ego strokers as far as I'm concerned. You did a grest job on your conversion !

hey man dont go dissing a short bed or an extended cab. Respect all trucks. This is a great build though, even if all i need is a shortbed.

profilepic174224_1.gif84702t-front.jpg

Thanks guys, I'm real happy everyone likes this one (since it is of my actual truck haha). And Dan I've always loved older single cab trucks, I like most pickups but those are my favorites. I have had a couple extended cab and shortbeds myself too though, I like them all.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys, Tim this is from the monogram F250 Kit, it would be good to use for the frame and some suspension parts but to do an 86 you'd have to kitbash the monogram 80 flareside and depending on the truck you'd need a bronco for a fleetside bed.

you'd need a bronco for a fleetside bed.

Styleside. Fleetside is Generic Motors' word for wide side beds. B)

Anyway, nice job on this one! I have one stalled somewhere, I never made it past the "cut out the extended part of the cab" phase with mine. Doing an '80-86 style in on the agenda for me, too, but I've noticed the character lines on the '91 style bed don't quite match up with the ones on the older style Monogram cab, like one or the other is just a tad over or under scale. Still might go ahead and try it out though. I know I've got a Monogram Bronco to cough up the correct '80-86 rear wheel arches anyway!