Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 chevelle rag top

tbill

Looks good Tom, Glad the parts got there in time, suggestion shorten the rear seat belts a little and give the buckles a wash with blue paint to make the GM buckle pop. Stack up some pieces of evergreen to replicate an arm rest baseaba68m27rh.png

Edited by Bowtienutz

thanks guys.

a big thanks to Bowtienutz [Vince], he hooked me up with the belt buckles and window cranks/door handles, I think he is just trying to make me work harder at these things :D , seriously though, thru his sending me parts like this, it has made me think a little more about what I am doing, and realizing how much better things look with that little extra something. will probably 'pad' the arm rest on the next one.

Vince, I made the belts long, as all the A body cars I had back in the day had super long belts. I even had one that had 'clips' on the bottom edge of the bottom of the back seat to hook the buckles to, to keep them orderly.

Carl, as mentioned, Vince hooked me up with the door hardware, the packaging says 'Replicas & Miniatures Company of Maryland'

hopefully Vince will pop back in and verify. good stuff though! although, I have to ask him for sure, as I think I need to order a bunch of these for 'stock', lol.

thanks again guys, body is now glued on, with some luck, later tonight or tomorrow she should be about done B)

Replica in Miniatures do indeed make the door handles and window cranks. Norm Veber offers two different versions one without vent window cranks if your doing a pre 69 car, I also offers outside door handles and mirrors that are just great for updating old GM kits.

that interior looks amazing and the body looks great too. i don't know if it s just the picture but i think you may be missing half of a seat belt in the back cause i only saw five

thanks, and yeah, ya caught me, I didn't put one half of a belt pair in there, was getting crowded :D

Vince, thanks for the clarification B)

thanks, and yeah, ya caught me, I didn't put one half of a belt pair in there, was getting crowded :D

Vince, thanks for the clarification B)

i agree it could look pretty crowded wth another belt in there i still cant seem to find the correct belt material at my local hobby shop

Carl, as mentioned, Vince hooked me up with the door hardware, the packaging says 'Replicas & Miniatures Company of Maryland'

hopefully Vince will pop back in and verify. good stuff though! although, I have to ask him for sure, as I think I need to order a bunch of these for 'stock', lol.

Replica in Miniatures do indeed make the door handles and window cranks. Norm Veber offers two different versions one without vent window cranks if your doing a pre 69 car, I also offers outside door handles and mirrors that are just great for updating old GM kits.

Thanks Tom and Vince I really like them and I believe I will order some...