Model Cars Magazine Forum

Camaro Racing Concept.

signmike

Well the body is painted black, now that you're telling me, I just don't know what to do because a Penske colour scheme would be great. I'll think about it while the construction of the chassis goes on...

Here it is:

CamaroALMSConcept44-vi.jpg

CamaroALMSConcept43-vi.jpg

CamaroALMSConcept41-vi.jpg

CamaroALMSConcept39-vi.jpg

Edited by signmike

The putty I use is very similar to Eurosoft which I used before, it is smooth and pretty hard when dry so sculpting is possible without breaking it. But not sure if that brand is available everywhere, I live in the Montreal area Quebec Canada. The only problem I had is if you flex the styrene a little ( like holding it too hard) it comes off from the plastic, I sand with a rough sandpaper before to give it some better grip. I have glued it back with CA once...that got me scared...

IMG_0218-vi.jpg

Mixed with regular blue hardener...

IMG_0219-vi.jpg

Well I might put this one aside for a whilw, I don't have wheels big enough to fill the rear fender, I made the mistake because I trusted the Photoshop images that I used as references and I'd need 20'' or 22'' rear wheels to really look good.

I posted pics with aftermarket 19'' wheels and the LeMans Corvettes wheels.

I think I'll have to fill in the fender opening with 1/8'' inserts to make it look OK.

I'll try to find the japanese site where I bought those wheels to try and get 20'' wheels for it...

IMG_0453-vi.jpg

IMG_0452-vi.jpg

IMG_0448-vi.jpg

IMG_0449-vi.jpg

Edited by signmike

• 4 weeks later...