Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scratch building a classic muscle car.

fractalign

Hey Guys.

Sorry for the lack of of photos but I did not get much done tonight after a hectic day. At the moment I have been focussing on tidying up the tail light which is proving a tricky process. Next task will be to finish that off, and finish the other one. Hopefully by the weekend I can really put some time into this project.

Edited by fractalign

After getting the outside measurement of the gauge I used my set square to get the inside measurement. One thing that surprised me when putting the contour gauge together was the fact the the rear of the body is not flat. This would would not have been apparent had I not decided to put the gauge together. The curve is very gentle so it would be very easy to miss.

P1010480_zpsbd688786.jpg

Here is the first half of the gauge completed. I will be using the images of the 1:1 to cross reference the shape of this one. Once I am happy with the shape of this one I will use it as a template to create the other half, join the two halves together and then I will have a contour gauge for the rear of the body. This is necessary because once I have completed this gauge I can begin to start putting the body together. I was originally going to join it from the roof but I have decided that this will be a more logical way to do it. That will be the next task once the gauge is a complete.

P1010483_zps013d0cc3.jpg

Edited by fractalign

It might sound strange but I actually don't put that many hours into this project. It tends to be more of an afternoon evening task, so I get plenty of fresh air.

Like many modellers, I have several other project on the go at the same time. I would like to get them completed so I can really put the hours into this one because I want have this finished some time next year...........fingers crossed !