Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jaguar XJ220 -- Tamiya, 1/24

Matt Bacon

• 3 months later...

Could be -- but at best part of $40 a can it'd be a brave man who took a gamble ;-)

bestest,

M.

I just bit the bullet on it!

I actually found the exact color. The code is JD3 from 1992

https://genicolor.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=67630&virtuemart_category_id=23&lang=en

I would imagine JS0003 is quite similar but I guess we shall see. Hoping to make my XJ220 as good as yours! I've been going back in forth on mine for a while now. Wanted to do one in silver for the longest time but last week I though the green be a more fun, more unique choice.

I actually found the exact color. The code is JD3 from 1992

Where did you find the code? I looked high and low to try and find one so I could get Steve at Zero Paints to mix it. For him, it needs to be in the Lechler database, and I couldn't find any Jaguar Silverstone Green in there. JD3 isn't a code in the Lechler database, and it looks pretty short for a Jaguar code in that DB (the are a few that start JD, but they are all JDx NNNN with an extra letter and several numbers)

The tricky thing is how different it looks in different lights:

xj220-brighter-high-rear-right.jpg

XJ220-high-rear-right.jpg

bestest,

M.

Where did you find the code? I looked high and low to try and find one so I could get Steve at Zero Paints to mix it. For him, it needs to be in the Lechler database, and I couldn't find any Jaguar Silverstone Green in there. JD3 isn't a code in the Lechler database, and it looks pretty short for a Jaguar code in that DB (the are a few that start JD, but they are all JDx NNNN with an extra letter and several numbers)

The tricky thing is how different it looks in different lights:

xj220-brighter-high-rear-right.jpg

XJ220-high-rear-right.jpg

bestest,

M.

I started a thread on automotive forums a long time ago discussing the colors for the xj220 and long time member told me what they were. JD3 is Silverstone and JD4 was the monza red. They were exclusive colors for the xj220 so they are very hard to find. I basically just tried to find automotive touch up websites that might have that code and lucked out on one. The paint is on the way so i may have the right color but only a test will tell me how small the flakes are. Im pretty sure it's a pearl color so it should look like it's in scale.