Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Joys Of Paradise

;) All I got to say to Gregg and Ismaelg is all good things do come to an end. So lets see some pictures

of the bad storms you guys get on those islands.

Like Bluesman Mark I to live in Iowa and I like the change of seasons,keeps thing from getting boring

As everyone knows its not heaven its just Iowa, but its where we call home.

Jeff :blink:

Here in South Florida, at least we can match the beautiful weather. It is not humid, about 75degrees, a little balmy, and sunny with no showers.

But if I were a young'un, I would be out on the North Shore at Sunset Beach, as the waves are breaking terrific this time of year with 8-10 foot walls with offshore winds. Then get in the car and take the little trip to Ehukai State Park, which is the park that is home to the Banzai Pipeline, and just beach it and watch. I liken watching waves break to watching a 32 highboy fire it up and burn some tire treads.

Ken "FloridaBoy" Willaman

Nice sunset pic... I've been to Hawaii (Oahu) a couple of times...want to go back and explore the other islands. I spent my teenage years in the Florida Keys, so I know how special it can be living on the ocean on an island (though the Keys are connected by roads).

I enjoy living near the mountains now, but the winters are a drag..at some point in my life I want to be back to living at sea level, on the ocean.

Edited by Rob Hall

Sadly though, given where I live in Iowa, the change of seasons is about the only thing that isn't boring....... :lol::lol:

Nothing against it, but if circumstances were different, I'd be in a bigger city somewhere, (including Iowa)!

:lol:

Ahh yes Shenandoah ( Shen to the locals ) sure is a sleepy little place, used to remind me of Mayberry. I Was born there. Have spent many weekends there visiting and it even bored me when I was a little kid. LOL!

I have not been there in years, possibly since RAGBRAI went through there in 89 or so.

the big island, specifically the hilo side, is where the locals actually LIKE people! especially if they are playing reggae on their decks. i was in honolulu once, not at the airport i mean, and im afraid my first reaction was to figure out how long until i could go somewhere else. i do hear the other side of the island is nice though. honolulu struck me as tweaker central not to mention hustler central and "kill the haole" central. maybe i didnt go to the right places.

i have some acreage on kauai but its kinda isolated, not to mention wet, there.

and god help any cars over there.

Ah Greg, we don't hate you. In fact all us guys would like to send you and Ismael on an all expense paid trip to beautiful Barrow, Alaska for the remainder of the winter, where you will enjoy hunting, fishing, and learn a few survival skills. Its a once in a lifetime experience, you'll love it. :lol:

Ron

This one's for Jairus.

Last year, Christmas in Portland, OR

DSC02594-vi.jpg

This year, Christmas in Florida.

DSC04424-vi.jpg

Sunrise, Christmas morning.....

And then later in the day.

DSC04406-vi.jpg

When I stop and think about it, I kinda miss picture number #1.......and then the moment passes and I remember where I live now.

Hate you guys living in paradise? Naaahhhhhh!!! We just wanna come visit. Last November I went from shirtsleeve weather in the 50's to 85-89 degrees in Ponce Puerto Rico. Then it was back to about a foot of snow... It was a business trip (all business-15 minutes of daylight one day otherwise working :lol: ) but the weather was heavenly. I want to go back for fun next time. Beautiful island, great people, wonderful food, and the 15 minutes I had on the beach was nice :lol: Someday I want to check out the Hawaiian islands as well.