Model Cars Magazine Forum

Diamond REO C9064D

• 4 weeks later...

Great looking tanks, Man.....Just get the other ones out of your mind.....Think about what you can do with them on another project when they reappear next year..... :D Above, behind, under the work bench, or even in the shed where you put them down to grab that drink you left outside.....Been there....Done that.....

Edited by kilrathy10

Fuel tanks are finished, and installed (at least temporarily for now).

001_zpsc72accef.jpg

Battery boxes and air tanks will be added aft of the fuel tanks, once I get the exhaust routing figured out.

002_zps233b9ff4.jpg

I dropped the passenger's side tank after the last application of primer. I found the step that snapped off, but decided not to put it on. Because of the way the cab mounts are positioned on the chassis, this side won't quite fit square, but I liked how it looked so I decided to keep the "bent" looking tank. I might lower it a bit, though, so the cap will come off! (In theory, of course.)

Edited by Chuck Most

I ended up adjusting the passenger's side tank a bit- the look of it being "tweaked" started to lose its charm after a bit.

I also added the battery boxes. Treadplate was added to the top of the driver's side box- the passenger's side box will have a missing lid and exposed batteries.

008_zpsf123caca.jpg

I've seen the filler caps both ways, so I just went with the fillers toward the back like it shows on the instruction sheet. Most of the C90 and C92s I have seen tended to have the front- mounted fillers though. Shouldn't be hard to switch the tanks if it starts to bother me.

Edited by Chuck Most