Model Cars Magazine Forum

you know the type that can't leave well enough alone. Camaro/Skyline combo

DrKerry

Very cool! Can't say I'm a fan of the wheels, but I like everything else. I have a couple JGTCC cars and a snap Camaro in my stash, I might just have another project to add to the bottomless pile!

Looks great Kerry!!! So seamless!

Question....was there a decal for the fuel filler??? That's the only thing I could come up with....

That part's from the Skyline kit. There's a blank fuel filler on one side (US driver's side) with the actual fuel filler on the other (Japan driver's side), I guess the pit wall is on different sides depending on the track. The other filler doesn't show up in Kerry's pics except one, the 3rd from the bottom.

Edited by Brett Barrow

Interesting... I think the wheels are great, and the way they're painted works really well with the rest of the car. Different strokes, I guess... ^_^

They just don't look like the typical wheels they run in that race series, they're usually black with the occasional gunmetal or white, I don't think I've ever seen red or chrome. Google JGTC or Super GT to see what I mean. Come to think of it the all-white look would look great on this car, IMO. Would look like the iconic Calsonic scheme.

41caamh87DL.jpg

And I'm not saying to change them, Kerry. If you like them keep them, that's all that matters. Just spitballin' over here!

But remember... the car itself is a total "what if." ^_^

Yeah, the wheels aren't "correct" for the series... but they're cool! :D

Well, I think the idea was what it Dale Earnhardt moved to Japan and raced JGTC instead of NASCAR, so there were some ground rules. I like that he incorporated the Camaro wheels into the car, but it's the chrome I find really jarring. I think all-red would even work well and be something just as "out there" and over-the-top.

Like I said, just spitballing. There's been several of these what-if racing Camaros on the board recently and they've got me thinking about how I would do one. Maybe I need to go start chopping some styrene instead of posting so much!