Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well John tell us about this Modified!

James2

Yes, I really did build a model !

This is a Freddy Fryar " could have been ," as Freddy is my all time favorite driver. It is the ' 36 Plymouth Tobias modified, built box stock, except that I chopped off the trunk, and added PPP 5 wide wheels and modified tires. The number is a decal, and the sponsors are hand lettered. I made up Super Lube on the hood, and 'Nooga Motel and Café on the trunk. Freddy was from Chattanooga, Tennessee.

He used the number 48 in his earlier career and later changed to 14. He won a ton of short track races in the days of the Allisons, Red Farmer, Bob Burcham, Jody Ridley, Coo Coo Marlin, and many others across the Southeast.

Many thanks to J2 for posting it for me, and I hope you guys like it. :)

Edited by John Gorday

Hi John,

Looks like this is where all the ex-Fred's are gonna hangout now! You always seem to talk your builds down but I don't know why, the colour combo and wheel and tyre detailing really makes this one pop!

This is a beautiful rendition of a Tobias kit - keep 'em coming, you've still got it inya!

Cheers

Alan

Hi John,

Looks like this is where all the ex-Fred's are gonna hangout now! You always seem to talk your builds down but I don't know why, the colour combo and wheel and tyre detailing really makes this one pop!

This is a beautiful rendition of a Tobias kit - keep 'em coming, you've still got it inya!

Cheers

Alan

I agree with him John, you've said you don't have any left in ya, then you crank something like this out. I think you've got plenty left in ya my friend!!!!

I do appreciate the kind words, but at my age, I am finding almost all of them challenging in one way or another. I will be 75 in November, and whatever I do in the future, will be pretty much box stock.

I still have a few boxes around here, and three started. I wish I could get them all done, but what racer knows when his last win will come ? :)

I have not thrown one against the wall .............................. YET.

Edited by John Gorday

When does anyone know when there last win is near? My hands anymore pitch such a fit that it's hard for me to work on anything long term, I'm only 45. It may get harder for me but it won't stop me. too much.... LOL. My theory has always been if ya love it, do it. I have modeling in me so much from when my dad got me started and I don't want to quit but I know someday it may happen, but I want to get as much done before it happens.. Even if it's only box stock, you'll still build some good stuff John!!!!